Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Journal.

I would have begun this journal entry with a Thank You to Martin Heidegger, Gregory Sadler, and Ali. With their help, I not only overcame my case of cold feet in regards to employing the computer, but I also came to understand why my cold feet in this regard had not been unmerited. A win-win situation.

The computer is different from the notebook and the napkin, and it is with little doubt that the choice of a writer's medium in turn determines what the writer divulges and unveils in the process. Writing on paper and then commiting the work to print is an entirely different corridor than writing directly to print.

This entry was supposed to have been a new installment of my Dream Journal. I had contemplated starting that project up again, although my sentiment told me that the Unconscious was in its state of detachment wherein it did not wish to be disturbed by the ego but simply wanted me to go about my work and to allow it to go about its own work. This wasn't the first time that I felt that it really did not have a job for me, but I was worried that i might be chickening out and making excuses.

With arduous memory, I came to ponder what I would write about. A brief dive into the unconscious put my heart at peace, even if it gave my mind unrest. Whatever's going on under the surface, things are more or less all right as far as the Dreamer is concerned.

I thought that perhaps the Unconscious had wanted me to actually venture into continuing my dream journal, but not by writing it on paper but by commiting it immediately to print. Yet the more that I thought about it, the more I realised I could not shake the discomforting feeling that the Unconscious did not really care whether I would commit the entry to print first or to paper; either corridor would have satiated it. And then I wondered if, in fact, the Unconscious even cared whether or not I knew what it was doing.

Most likely, it would either be apathetic or would prefer that I left it alone.

Existentialism has helped me to recognise that the Unconscious Mind is not a Christian God with a fixed plan for Consciousness. It does not want me to abide by its will but to carry out my own work, until it is ready to present some critical information to me.

Even if dream journaling is a religious matter, I can rest assured that I can take a Religiously Existential rather than a Religiously Dogmatic approach to the matter.


Thought Process:

1. The Unconscious does not want me to know about it.
2. I could journal about it if I wanted to.
3. It probably does not want me to journal to the notebook.
4. It probably wants me to journal to the computer.
5. It probably does not care about whether I journal to the notebook or to the computer.
6. It probably does not care whether or not I journal today.
7. The Unconscious does not want me to know about it.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment