Thursday, March 14, 2013

It is my choice to withdraw from sexual encounters because I feel morally that they are susceptible to social rules and boundaries, I feel personally that they are a dissipation of energy, and I am vigilant of the consequences. This is my personal choice.
How I feel about people I am In Love With is clearly distinct from how I feel about people to whom I am "attracted", just as exciting events in my life are distinct from moments of intense Understanding, the latter being a kind of dying and almost mythic breed in this current Ecstatic culture. Though I am not invalidating the importance of a healthy sex life, I would like to make it clear that there are other reasons that human beings suffer save from sexual "repression", and that there are things Worth suffering for if one can find the reason in oneself to. (These things may very well also be on a level that is so distinct from "mere" sexuality that they are not governed by the same social rules, and even may impel an individual to defy those rules, at great personal risk.)

So please do not deliver an ad hominem attack against my unconventional (and frankly religious) viewpoint, because I am trying to conduct this discussion like an adult, based upon my own experiences as one, and those of other adults with whom I have spoken.
Thank you, and Ford Speed.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment