Friday, June 7, 2013

Misconception.


How many people ever really meet one another in conversation? There was a time when I glided over this water and was daily in rapturous, humbling wonder at the specks of flickering light on the surface and their magical, searing luminescent arcs and crystalline rays.

 

Now I drift beneath the surface, and daily I am in shock at fathoming the depths of human stupidity.

 

Who would have surmised that people so disparate and unique, each the center of his or her own Universe, the solitary inhabitant of his or her own planet, could conceive that, in fact, he or she inhabits the same planet as all others? By virtue of a few shared words in language – God, Science, Normality – these people feel that they bridge the vast, nebulous gaps between them and are spared the sanctity and inevitability of loneliness.

 
I must be going mad. I am starting to see the average man in his own image.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment