Friday, May 8, 2015

The True Origin of the Rape Culture.

I think that I have figured out the source of the rape culture:
People like you. People who preach feminism and who crusade against it.
For what is rape that sets it apart from passion?
It is violence.
And yet how better are you truly?
When you condemn the innocent for what they have not done, preaching guilt for not sharing in a common hate?
Have you not fallen for violence?
Does it not seem justified?
Surely, one thinks, there is a double-standard at work here.
The man seems to be condemned. The woman seems to be the victim.
But wait. If he is condemned, is HE not the victim?
What of the woman portraying him? Condemning him in the very act of self-victimisation?
What does she hope to accomplish?
She uses her moral superiority to be cruel.
And at the same time that her character is the innocent victim she her self is the oppressor.
And if I feel a guilt that belongs only to the male character, then am *I* not the victim?
Would I not seek refuge only with the other rapists, presuming them to be innocent?
Would I in my desperation not have hope in that you are wrong?
Would I in my own oppression, that of being charged with the same guilt by simply being a man, not find it permissible? What civility have *I* been shown that the thought of violence should shock me or traumatize me?
Your preaching has been traumatizing enough. That was the point to begin with.
And yet your message is muddled.
It does not ring true.
I do not feel a sense of integrity in knowing my relationship to evil.
I was a pure soul.
A gentle soul.
A genuine soul.
And now by virtue of some others’ accusations I am corrupted.
Not beyond repair.
But beyond recognition. Beyond memory.
Not beyond despair.
And in your anger you become reactionary.
In your reactionary ways you become Fascistic.
And you empower the very devil you oppose.
When my passion is equated with that sort of violence.
Or your indignation justifies a compromise of my personal freedom.
My freedom to make love whilst drunk.
Or to be seduced without a word.
Fuck you.
You are to blame.


Dm.A.A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment