Thursday, December 22, 2016

Letter to Parents:

Let's get this straight once and for all:

You need me more than I need you. You need me to take care of your pets, your house, and even yourselves. You have no friends. And you try to blame me for this and delude yourselves that I am in a similar situation. Every day my life is getting better and so far you have only rejoiced when I was miserable and tried to sabotage me when I was successful. You can't even admit that I have been successful; you know pitifully little about me and presume pitifully more. I will no longer accommodate your prejudices trying to impress you. You are awful people and if you want to change that and feel less lonely about yourselves then you can begin by cutting the bull-shit and treating me on my own terms as an adult. I am all ready doing you a huge favour and you behave like ungrateful children. Begin by showing some unconditional love, and then MAY be you'll get some in exchange. I can't promise it, because that would be conditional. And understand that I deliberately leave you out of my life because you have all ways tried to leech off of my success and worsen my failure.

This is all true because it is all I've known since I was born. You can delude yourselves that you can have your own slave that you get to get angry at who does not talk back and is molded in your image. But I am twenty-five and totally self-responsible. This stops now. Take responsibility for others' boundaries and you might learn some thing. Take responsibility for yourselves as parents. Expect nothing in return; this was YOUR decision not mine.

Do NOT text me. I will text you if I need you. Be ready for it, follow through, and then I will believe you care. I don't need any thing material for Christmas so much as I need parents who can treat me as a rational adult and behave rational towards me. It was never my responsibility to meet your arbitrary standards for acceptance, at the expense of my own potentialities. It was YOUR responsibility to accept me in whatever I chose to be. If I think you are awful parents, you are awful parents. If you raised me wrong and left me bitter, that is your doing and no way to escape that. Thankfully MOST people treat me with respect so I like most people. But I would not tolerate abuse from any one. I got home on my own yesterday. If you cared you would be happy to see me in the morning and content to see that I was happy. So quit using me. YOUR behaviour is inadequate. You never treated me as an equal, despite my being your child, so don't start talking to me now about what is or isn't fair. If it's not helping me: it's not fair.

Merry Christmas.
Dmytri.

2 comments:

  1. Dmitry. Your syntax could use some work. Also the diction is not as good as it could be. Also I have no idea where you're getting any of this please call me back.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should appreciate the fact that your parents take care of you. You need them more then they need you. The amount of shit you put them through is unreal. You need to grow up and get a life.

    You live at home with your parents. Seriously grow up.

    ReplyDelete