Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Freedman in Retrospect: Turquoise.

Freedman in Retrospect:

 

You know, Andrew: Ally was wrong about a lot of things, for which you were right to correct her, but she was NOT wrong about YOU. You’re exactly the sort of person that she made you out to be, and that’s exactly the sort of person that would fixate so neurotically upon her idle, passing judgements that you would completely neglect the far more disastrous consequences that MY relationship to her produced, consequences for which you assumed neither responsibility nor an attempts to alleviate the burden. I cannot say that it was you who broke us up, nor that what you saw in her was absent from Reality. Yet of that which you saw you saw only a fraction, and if that has blinded you to the rest of it then she was right about your pettiness; in her case, it took one to know one. I feel no shame in exempting myself from this moral burden; you’ve always known me to be one of the more magnanimous and passionate people to come out of this sleepy suburb, and I’ve paid my illusory dues for that fact.

[({Dm.R.G.)}]

No comments:

Post a Comment