Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm siding with the galaxy

If you admit something
embarassing, I'll admit
something embarassing.

My heart has been
bleeding
since the day it started
beating

If you want to know what
dogs me
it is my own sincerity

Trying to keep an open eye
to the Universe's clarity

If you want to know what
scares me
it's the unbearable burden
wondering, 'Are they aware
of me?'
and never being certain.

And if you want to know the cold
hard truth
I'll parrot your own frankness
I can't bear it should I ever see
the world in your own blankness.

For a mind that's been refined
Like a lens in the galaxy
seems never to mind
when the brain commits a fallacy

If you want to know how callously
I overestimate this Universe
in every human gesture
Everything
as though it's been rehearsed.

If you want me to make clear
The girl that sat down right
beside me
with only you so near
it seemed to coincide so

that I wondered if you had been so
sincere

as to inform her
-- in passing, as she'd come
to me in passing --
I had feelings for her.

But that I would admit
only embarassedly
and in verse
that seems, as people seem
to agree
Much better and not worse

than writing a letter
for a poem even as a lie
is so rehearsed that all the words
together
could make anybody cry.

How many see a child is harmed
but wouldn't think to change it?
Despite being wholly alarmed
And yet I find it strange that

To be immersed in such a fantasy
and of such adolescent zeal
although the very galaxy
seemed to make it appear so real

It is embarassing only
this life that we've selected

Although we sing at night, lonely
we never once respect it.

At least sing for the dying child
it is no more or less a fallacy
Although the sentiment seems wild,
I'm siding with the galaxy.


And also I'll say in post-scriptum
Though I originally thought
that I had fallen victim
to your optimistic plot

Although I'm standing by my theory
I will append that it was flawed
Although you, too were sitting near me
All the credit goes to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment