Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dream Journal #15.

It (may be) important to note that, last night, Micaiah spent the night at my house. His parents had evicted him from their home earlier in the week, and this had been a desperate attempt on his part to find shelter.

1. I had dreamt that I was in a video game of some sort, but the mood of it was far from frivolous. It matched most closely Jonathan Blow's* description of a 'grueling [P]unishing game'.

* INTP.

I was met with some challenge that I could not fulfill. The predominant mood was Paranoia.

The architecture again seems to hearken back to Jak II. Perhaps this recurring theme would suggest that it is imperative that I play that game more thoroughly.

3. I am getting back in touch with my Introverted Thinking.

4. There was some pervasive Oppressive force, as though from some hostile parental or patriarchal force.

Again, the theme of trying to Arrive somewhere, anxiously, and failing to appears.

5. Perhaps this was a Collective Dream? It would explain this helplessness my ego feels in regards to rendering its meaning.

Yesterday was the fourth of July. Many people were drunk, and most had directed their energy outwards, clinging to the fireworks, the energy of the crowd, the time, the place, and state of consciousness as though they were perpetual adolescents.

Maybe this is why I feel pushed to heroism today. Any method to help, be it extraversion or introversion, logic or feeling.

6. If there was a personal dimension to it, it was reflective of my settled predicament. I felt that I had to Get somewhere, but that a set of conditions -- an existing predicament -- impeded my progress to the imperative Goal.

7. I am almost without doubt that the dream was Collective.

dm.A.A.

Verdict: I need to play Jakk II in order that I may model level designs that would speak to the Collective Unconscious.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment