Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Conclusions Regarding the Mind.

1. I will never know with certainty what I had just thought and that it was what I THINK it was.
2. I will never know that I have exhausted all conceivable possibilities, because the more enduring and fruitful the Inquiry the more possibilities appear available for consideration.
3. I will never know that I have exhausted all Plausible possibilities, because at a certain point plausibility is seen to be entirely arbitrary.
4. All memories of the Past are Constructs.
5. All projections of 'familiar' situations onto the future course of events are constructs.
6. 'Familiarity' is arbitrary and independent from objective facts.
7. Facts may be solely mental.
8. The line between what is probable and what is possible is illusory.
9. If I can conceive of it, it is possible.
10. There is no less merit in projecting one possible out-come onto the future than another.
11. Nothing that we remember really happened that way.
12. History does not repeat itself; it only lies.
13. 'Something that we've seen before' is therefore no more likely than something we imagine.
14. Common Sense is an illusory entity.
15. I may feel as though I have overlooked something even if I had taken it into consideration.
16. I will never know that I took it into consideration.
17. I may feel as though I've overlooked things even if there was nothing to overlook.
18. 17 and 15 are inter-changeable.
19. To avoid overlooking something, I have to investigate something I have all ready thought.
This is called Repetition.
20. No repetition can ever be successful, because if it were successful the memory of it would be indistinguishable from the original event, and something cannot be a success if we cannot judge it to be a success.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment