Thursday, October 13, 2016

Got your Attention?

Intelligence is a two-edged sword, but I’d rather have it than to go unarmed.
I think I try to deal with solitude by writing every thing down. I’d do better just to get used to hearing my self talk to my self. Even if that means that a lot of it goes unheard by the public and forgotten.
I’m not saying that a friend is equal to the public. What I AM saying is: in the absence of an other friend, and in the absence of a Public, I would sooner keep my own company, like I am my own best friend, than wait for them. I might just choose that over ANY public, come to think of it. Some times. And since I would, I should. A preference is one fact you can change into an ethic. If it’s genuine.
Fascism does not make Art. It can only steal it. Art is all ways freedom. It dies under too much pressure, just like any other living thing would.
I wondered where my pen for wit went. And I realize it was confiscated by the social-justice warriors. Starting with just a few things I discovered I was not allowed to say, I began to lose the gift and cramp my hand. Then years later I try my hand at it again. Behold! It flows so smoothly! So spontaneously! And then just as easily I write the Sacrilege that would defile all the idols. And I wonder why I ever second-guessed my self. So what if I never lived up to some impossible standard? I did not need to do so to write brilliance before. And neither do I now. If any one seeks vengeance on me, he was simply waiting for a man like me to give him the excuse. But I’m not so afraid as to prevent that. I’ll contend with him instead. I have my manhood back, so I can do it.

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment