Wednesday, May 9, 2018

ASCENT:


ASCENT:



ACT ONE: Assembly.



My dream began today, at night. Several law-abiding citizens conspired to curb crime in the area by assembling at a University. I took a train to get there, though before long I found myself in the Parking Structure of the School. Night had fallen and my ride home had fled. As I ran about, chanting his name, I noticed that a vehicle appeared that had not been there( be)fore, as though summoned by my chanting. The car’s wheels were marked with Swastikas, and at the angle that they were parked it seemed impossible to say whether they were Hindu Swastikas or Nazi Swastikas. Beside me then appeared an Angel: a short, sultry female with probing, ponderous eyes and beams of light descending from her peak to her shoulders. She handed me a lock, insisting that it might be used to open the car. Yet I had no key.



ACT TWO: Break.



It was not long before the Black Widow had vanished and before me stood a man that looked like me, but he was dressed in Nazi Regalia. Instinctively, I asked him to hold the Lock for me whilst I went to the bathroom.



ACT THREE: The Day of Defeat.



The dream changed. I looked into the mirror and I saw the youth. The lock was in my pocket. I took from my pocket, from behind a series of badges and medals indicating Status in (or at) the Party, a Key. I opened the lock. Soon then I found myself behind the wheel of the car. It was my car. She had stolen the lock from me. Now I heard her, beating against the insides of the Trunk. I had won, but this place was not safe for Nazis. I took my leave.



ACT FOUR: As Above, so Below.



As I departed the Campus, I noticed Banner Celebrating the Day of Defeat: the day that Hitler killed Hitler. Soon it was that I became possessed of an idea:

To bury the captured alien in the Zen Garden at Balboa Park. Hopefully not too many patrons would be celebrating there. I was halfway across the Cabrillo Bridge when I was stopped by an oncoming funeral procession. The drivers of the Cadillacs got out, singing the song “Black Cadillacs” by Modest Mouse (my first favourite by the band). They were none other than the Assembly from the College. Shaking, I emerged. Behind me then I heard cop cars approaching.

Panicking, I jumped over the edge.



ACT FIVE: All Pokémon Go to Heaven.



As my Spirit ascended, I heard the News reporting my suicide: ‘like most great artists, he died young.’ It seems fitting, therefore, that I be warned, having turned twenty-seven.

The alien was released from the trunk and went on, with the help of her earlier conspirator, to become a sort of curiosity and messenger from the Next Dimension. At this point, I became the conspirator, again. We searched the abandoned car. At some point we discovered a Pokéball.

Aliana told me that, when we were ready,

We could open it,

And then we would Ascend.



Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment