Monday, February 1, 2021

LOOK:

Look, man: I’m not some sort of Fascist sympathizer or a Reaganist. I simply disagree with two old, dead French guys from the seventies who took it on themselves to end “majority” because they saw “becoming-Fascist” as the greatest threat and most “immanent” evil:

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_(philosophy)

I believe that Kafka was far more than just a dislocated Jew whose writings seek a clarity that only the “majority” enjoys or dreams of. I think that being a “minority” is “good”, depending on the context, but those “contexts” are not relative, and hierarchy has its rightful place in judging what “minority opinion” (*including* Fascist sympathy in democratic culture) can be “valid”, “true”, or “good”. I believe that Kafka as an *existentialist* was seeking clarity which men like MacIntyre in the *Analytic* School have managed to restore to some extent, if only in their writings. I believe Guattari and Deleuze were wrong and typically pretentious :flag_fr: to *assume* a moral obligation to dissolve majoritarian ideals. I side with MacIntyre and with Kierkegaard before him in insisting that we all must give up part of our subjective lives in order to do Good, and even if that Good is only seen by a minority, it has the objectivity that *used* to be majoritarian. I think that Fascism is bad but not for the same reasons the postmodernists attest.

I think that academics fell in love with Gilles Deleuze in quite the same destructive, toxic fashion as the shrinks fell for the work of Sartre and De Beauvoir. I think that Social Justice Warriors are adolescents looking for a reason to rebel and thinking that they understand this stuff, naïvely. I believe that what we lost during the Continental/Analytic Split was precious, and we have to reconstruct the World now to redeem it from that tragic damage. Finally, I’m sure that what I’m saying will make sense to less than five per cent of readers on the Internet, and rather than allowing the remaining mass (itself majoritarian) to tear the World apart, I’m taking leaves from Hegel’s book and doing my due diligence to know what moral obligation REALLY is. The worst that I can do is be a new kind of minority.

I love People. If my love appears conditional, then my experience has taught me well in exercising Care.

 

**[({R.G.)}]**

No comments:

Post a Comment