Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dream Journals Seven and Eight.


Dream Journal #7

 

I can’t immediately recall last night’s dream, although I know it was good.

 

Dream Journal #8:

 

            Last night’s dream was exceedingly vivid, probably because Dream #4 had been analysed by Spencer and Zac(sp?) in our serendipitous meeting outside At Ease.

 

The dream was interrupted by my waking, in a psychologically disheveled state uncharacteristic of early morning, at about five in the morning.

 

When I returned, I was supposed to deliver an announcement on some radio program. This was one of my many dreams which had the theme of Compulsion, of a social kind, running predominantly throughout it.

Although, in a certain* sense, the caliber of the demand must not have exceeded the gravity of a college assignment, the shame identified with falling short of it seemed to outweigh it.

 

* rational or social

 

The announcement had to rhyme, yet I felt hopeless in regard to remembering the pattern that the people assisting me and I had settled upon. Ultimately, I missed the appointed announcement, although my colleagues had resigned themselves to this inevitability and were thus even less perturned by the fact.

 

The prior dream had taken on a greater mood of almost cynical resignation (rather than urgency), thus mirroring my eccentric waking modd from the previous night, beginning with the encounter with Spencer and Zac. The details escape me.

 

Dm.A.A.

 

2. I remember now. Interspersed with this absurd challenge, which seemed to be staged on a game show with the underlying social mood of urgency being akin to that of a newscast, I was eating parts of Pumpkin, trying to rationally discern whether or not this would harm him.

 

3.                  Towards the end of the dream, Oleg made an emphatic cameo. He sdpoke to me and one or several of my friends in a fairly plain room (with a presumably brown floor) as though he were lecturing to us.

 

He indicated a set of bags hanging by a wall, I think. It was understood that each contained a laboratory sample of a popularly dangerous drug. A tan sack a with absurd verisimilitude to a manilla envelope purportedly contained methamphetamine.

 

Oleg mentioned, as though in passing, that his father had invented a drug. To my incredulity, I had thought he was referring to meth. Upon voicing my shock, Oleg corrected me with his characteristic wry humour, assuring me, with all due respect paid to the obviousness of my error, although with a marked absence of venom on his part, that the drug his father had stumbled upon was one I (and presumably every one in the room with the exception of Oleg) would have never heard of.

 

In restrospect, however, I must wonder if Oleg actually chose to mention the drug as though it were well-known, instead of it being the piece of esoteric knowledge it had been.

 
Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment