Monday, August 10, 2015

Mother's Madness.

Mother's Madness:

Yep. It is official. Mother is crazy.

There is no further point
In providing systematic
Arguments.

Explaining how waving me away
When you are on the phone and
I am asking you to walk

The dog is poor
Communication
Theory.

How approaching me later
Not just to tell me that you
Walked the dog but to

Condemn me for even
Asking is poor conflict
Management.

How the tone of aggression
Even offering me dinner
Was to be noted as
Troubling. As though

You did not really Want to
From the pit of your
Heart but felt obligated to
As though I were
Mussolini.

And how no:
Hypocrisy is not when I treat you
The way you treated me
(But better) but

When you accuse me not valuing
Your space whilst intruding on my
Own within the same breath

(That you call me hypocritical.)

No. I think the evidence was that
After I got back from my hour
Long walk with Pumpkin
My beloved. The most sane
Member of this house.

The one you threatened to
Throw out when I got back from
Los Angeles.

Just like every other night
For five years that I walked him
Since I went 'crazy'

And actually started
Doing things. Allowing you
More leisure that from dwindling pride
You would not take.

The argument that broke out
Was over a plastic bag
Of trash that I thought
I might turn to treasure

Since you did not need it.

And my skin still feels the spot
You slapped me time

And time

Again.

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment