Saturday, October 12, 2019

KRUX:


I know what happened. I can tell you how it happened. I can show you who’s responsible and everything. And I can clear my name of wrongdoing. Only: you seem not to want to believe that I am innocent. You want so fervently to think I’m not a victim of what other people did, or that my well-meaning and disciplined intentions are somehow mistakes that you can learn from. I guess you want to believe that this will never happen to you, or that there’s no reason for you to make the sacrifices and to take the risks I did. Or you just want to blame me because I’m here, in front of you, and, if you’ll notice, I alone take responsibility for everything I did. It simply troubles you that I did everything right, and still I must live with others’ wrongdoing. But that’s a reality I’ve come to grasp. You can learn all you want from my mistakes. It won’t help you to prevent making your own mistakes. Your only hope is to learn sympathy for those who made those mistakes in good faith rather than becoming the problem. Then you’ll appreciate kindness when YOU are the victim.



Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment