Tuesday, September 19, 2017

THE QUEST OF THE BROKEN SPEAR: Chapter One.

September 2013: THE FAMILIAR WORLD.

I quit my job as a cashier at Joann Fabrics, in semi-rural Poway, following a rejection by Dana M.Z.
I meet Mrs. Delonge, the mother of Tom Delonge, and a probable descendant of the De Longespée family, mere days before the conclusion of my retail stint.
I work my final day at Joann Fabrics, on Friday 13, 2013.
I hear Lorde’s song “Royals” for the first time on the radio as my Father drives me home from work.

September 14, 2013:
1.   I celebrate my first day of freedom at a L.A.N. party at Jay Dey’s house.
2.   I meet Susan’s boyfriend, a Marine with P.T.S.D.
3.   I discover that Anthony Riccio’s mother has died.
4.   With the immediate and unprompted help of Jay, I am drunk for the first time in my life.
5.   Jay helps me to confess my feelings for Aisha ben Hassine.
6.   At Denny’s intoxicated, I tell a stranger in the stall about Anthony, his late Mother, and his obsession with “the Ego”. He replies that the “ego doesn’t even exist.”
7.   Back at the Dey Residence, I vomit.
The following day I begin a new dream log. Having concluded my first Journal, it is not long afterwards that I begin my Red Book with a dream involving Dana. One of its earliest dreams involve the Death of a Mother.

An other detail of note: I hear “Royals” for the second time in my life at the L.A.N. party.

AUTUMN 2013:
·        Micaiah Fonken leaves San Diego, with my help and a great deal of monetary support on my part.
·        REFUSAL OF THE CALL: Despite prodding to return to college, especially by an old professor named Ali (who acts as a MENTOR and an OLD MAGICIAN) I find that my parents are no longer willing to finance my return, when I most need them. I am outraged.

December 2013: THE CALL TO ADVENTURE comes as a literal phone call from Arthur Valenzuela, on a Wednesday. It is on this same Day of the Week, which is named in Latin languages after Mercury, the God of Communications, that Andrew (whose Sun Sign, Virgo, is ruled by Mercury) had confided in me his CENTIPEDE DREAM, also by phone, and mere moments upon my return from a spontaneous and mysterious outing.

Arthur’s call regards an assignment that he has to keep a Dream Record. I share with him a seemingly random entry from my Red Book. The entry refers to an annual debate tournament known as the Winter Classic. I hesitate to explain that part to Arthur, as though I were taking a Leap of Faith. He finds it peculiar, owing to the fact that he has been looking for a volunteer Judge to fill a spot at the same tournament that very year. The tournament happens to be held that very same Friday. I agree to act as a Judge.

Dm.A.A. 


No comments:

Post a Comment