Thursday, August 2, 2018

How to Interpret Numerological Synchronicities: Part Un.


One of my fortuitous nights downtown brought me into the company of a flirtatious Libra who was dating one of the proprietors (a rather muscular, tall Pisces with a cold glare) of the Coyote Ugly Saloon. She and I sat under the golden lights of the front patio, her occasionally playing with the sleeve of my jacket, the both of us intoxicated. She had recently become interested in numerology, and she recounted her freakish encounters with various recurring numbers. To her mind, and apparently on good authority, the times in her life when she was stuck were haunted by long strings of the same digit recurring in succession, such as 111,111. Moments of progress, conversely, were represented by lines of incrementing digits, such as 123,456.

Recently I watched a video from 2003: “You Don’t Know My Name” by Alicia Keys. The poignant classic, whose promotional music video recounts the story of an enamoured, popular but emotionally inhibited waitress (let’s call her a water-bearer) who is all ways late for work and courting a man she sees regularly on the job, was grueling to dive into, especially in the wake of having read extensively about female archetypes and fantasies.

"Will you ever know?" I guess you do. Note the next song: "So Into You". I fell in love with this song, in the pains and joys of pubescent youth, through the remix by Fabolous, who took the fixed earth love song and infused it with fixed water passion. When I entered a Karaoke Competition recently in Oceanside, I heard someone sing the original with a pop star's precision. This is my first time listening to Tamia's original in its entirety. I feel blessed. It remains my favourite Love Song to this day, many years later. Hopefully I will live to see what I have heard. "I wanna be more than a friend to you now." Dm.**** 
 What encouraged me? Nothing short of a miracle; though the actual music video was humourous to review, the song itself, presented with little more than half of Alicia Keys’ face (in Heisenberg fashion, reminiscent now of Vince Gilligan’s work) hidden behind a piano, had 1,123,450 views. I know this at present from the comment that I made upon it, I am told 23 hours ago: 
“1123450 views == MIND BLOWN. R.G.” Ironically enough, I used two equal signs, which I borrowed from the C Programming Language. Presently I sit in my Game Programming Summer Class, on the last day of the semester.

An other video that I paid visit to that day stuck out, because it had 123,330 views*. Just as I began to wonder what its meaning might be, I began to reflect upon all the bitter, cynical skeptics I’ve encountered along my Spiritual Quest. How was I to account to them for the a priori, primary quality of this synchronicity, met with the all-too-typical suspicions of projection, which would attest to the coincidence being secondary and personal instead?
I had simply to apply the Aristotlean method to Platonic themes.

This code, written only about an hour ago in C, (saved at 10:47 A.M.), outputs the same number. Most of it was fairly available intuitively, only requiring a touch of debugging. A simple exclusion of “math.h” was my worst sin, and considering the mathematical precision of the code I can write it off as that which is closest to one’s heart being furthest from one’s eyes:

#include <stdio.h>

#include <stdlib.h>

#include <math.h>

int main(void) {

       int a, b, c;
       int SUM;

       a = 5;
       b = 0;
       SUM = 0;

       while(a > 0) {

              if (a > 2) b = b + 1;
              else if (a <= 2 && a != 0) b = b;
              else if (a == 0) b = 0;

              SUM = SUM + (pow(10, a) * b);

              a = a - 1;
       }

       printf("%d", SUM);

       while (1) getchar();
       return 0;
}**
*At this point my account numbers 317 words in MicroSoft Word.
**At this point it numbers 545. Now it is 555.
If I had to explain how this code works to those same skeptics, who have been reduced to laymen now, it would be thus:
The code runs through several powers of ten, from 5 to 0 (100000 to 1). At each stage, a Sum is augmented with the new output, the latter of which is multiplied by a variable b, which increments as a (the power of ten) decrements, until a drops beneath 3, which is when b is fixed in place (at 3 as well, as it occurs to me at present) until a reaches 0, as does b.
Represented metaphorically, the progression can be visualized as a staircase. As one progresses along the x-axis (the a-axis in this instance), one rises along the y-axis (b), until one plateaus upon the third floor. If one were to walk further along, like a Fool, towards the end of the hallway, one would fall off of a cliff in a Yume Nikki, Prince-of-Persia manner.

Such is Life. I’ve reached a Good Place, but if I do not stop soon I will hit Rock Bottom.

As I’ve said: most of the math was fairly intuitive before the fact. If I could pull this off within an hour, rusty on my coding after weeks of work at my new job, as well as an acute injury incurred at work that only recently healed, then a Faultless Mind should have no problem debugging. The Logos abides.

Why would God speak to us in our own tongue, delivering messages in powers of ten and increments of one? Put simply: He speaks in All Languages. There is little “mystical” about this, except when one begins to ponder what lies in other dimensions. It’s simple common sense and basic etiquette, which most atheists lack.* If I can do it, so can the Divine Mind.

*852 Words.

Besides: why bother to try to understand the Universe through the Metric System if our digit system is simply the consequence of an evolutionary fluke?? Why not adopt the American Method, whose division by threes, fours, sixteenths and twelves is of universal potency in music, astrology, and time-keeping?

Whatever the Medium, I get the Message.

[({Dm.A.A.)}]
R.G.

P.S.: My present occupation is the closest thing to a Home I’ve ever found at work. When my Chef first called me for an interview, the time was 4:32 P.M. Apparently, descending digits are magical as well. After all: 432 is the Frequency at which the Universe ostensibly vibrates, and I’ve maintained that superstition for quite some time. Dm.

**** "All the ballers look dumb when they press you.
five and sixes. You don't let them kind of numbers impress you." FAB.

No comments:

Post a Comment