Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Conclusion Regarding the Sinking House and Standing Reserve.

Standing Reserve, in the Heidegerrean sense, depends upon a Truth being drawn NOT from the comportment of Being, Mind, and Language, but upon fairly feeble connections betwixt these three points.

If our senses are fallible, then we cannot rely upon them entirely, as in the instance of Empiricism.
If our minds (especially insofar as they depend upon Memory) are fallible, then we cannot rely upon them exclusively, as in the instance of either Rationalism and Platonism.
If our language is often inadequate in relating to our minds and senses, then we cannot rely upon either Rationalism nor Common Sense, for either is constructed from it or in some way limited to it.

When I look at the computer, I am confronted with information being transmitted through wires, depicted in pixels, and published by other individuals. At any point therein, distortion can occur, and I am aware of this, even if I am Unconscious of it.
I was listening to a song by Missy Elliott, wherein I suspect that she reversed the entire song at a certain point, playing it back at intense speed, and then rhymed the following line with the reversed audio sample.
Nothing on azlyrics.com could corroborate my theory, yet neither could it dissuade it. All that it took note of, to the knowledge of my senses, were the two lines, adjacent to one another, that had appeared to border the reversed part. I found no evidence from Standing Reserve, therefore, for either the reversal having been a reversal or a misheard lyric. The absence of a third line betwixt these two lines would suggest that, to the best of my guesswork, the writer had not been able to distinguish a lyric during that brief stretch of time either, and so the ambiguous sounds were probably a reversal. (The line immediately preceding the reversal, "Listen up close while I take it backwards", corroborates this, and it is a matter of common knowledge among audiophiles that the remainder of the song employs this reversal technique repeatedly, even within the very chorus.)

It may have been a reversal of the entire song or just the lyrics that followed.

I have three reasons to believe that it was a reversal of the entire song:

1. The peculiar quality of the sounds would suggest that it was the entire song.
2. The fairly contrived feeling* of the following line.
3. The improbability that the following line was in fact auditorily palindromic.

Yet what interests me is not so much whether or not what she had done WAS a reversal or not. What interests me is this: Can I trust my senses when I am staring at that screen? If Unconsciously I am aware of the probability of distortion, then I do not see within my Mind's Eye a Truth, and so distrust occurs. and Uncertainty becomes apparent.

The immediate but tentative evidence of my senses would account for the relationship between Mind and Being, accounting for the Practical. The relationship between the Words and the Mind, the Formal, becomes feeble when I become aware that the Words I comprehend are NOT the words that were written and conceived by the writer but the words I imagine when I trust my Mind. The relationship between those Words and the Being, the Artistic, is absent.

Therefore, in the absence of Comportment, no Truth can be derived from Standing Reserve that cannot be deconstructed.

*Albeit after I had all ready developed the prejudice that it was written to rhyme with the reversed section.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment