Sunday, March 23, 2014

On the Institution of Household Chores as a Means of Imposing Control.

I have found that the attitudes of many parents seem eerily reminiscent of political dogmas when it comes to the issue of Chores.
Ideally, one might imagine that the act of playing house would be a creative and inventive venture. Were it not, one would have no reason to feel any debt of Gratitude towards those individuals in whose name the Deed is.

Yet if this sense of humane enjoyment is at all the case, why should Guilt or Compulsion be at any point an imp in the presence of One's Experience?

One can impose a Master-Slave relationship by virtue of this Guilt, which is rationalised as Indebtedness. The Machinery and Dogma of Debt and Resentment are thus perpetuated through the generations Until the moment that one has the temerity to say, 'I am Free. I was Born Free. My lot in life I have the right to either Enjoy or Deplore, but in neither case will It determine my Actions, for it is only with my consent that Blind Luck becomes, to me, either Good Luck or Poor Luck.'

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment