Sunday, March 23, 2014

On Free Time.

I may have more free time than any of my peers. This has been brought sardonically to my attention. Yet this is because I am among them perhaps the most FREE.

When I look at my generation and my Society in general, I am in rapture at what we are capable of, shaken by what we must do, and speechless at what looms to be discovered beyond even the border of what we consider Human.

Yet time and time again I crash into this wall. The leitmotif I hear from people of every age group and generation is: I am too busy. One goes through one's entire life and forget entirely what it means to Dream.

I am tired of complaining like a hypocrite. If I want to see films of someone's dreams, music that dissolves every known boundary of what music is supposed to be, or games played by people of all ages which transform the thinking of innumerable people at once, then I will see it happen. Guilt will not burden me. I am past the age when I can rely upon others to do this, and I suspect that anyone who criticises my lifestyle is either unimaginative, hypocritical, or envious.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment