Monday, March 3, 2014

David, Joe, and Jason.

David sent me two messages with which to castigate me for my pretentions. I read them lightly, with a bemused detachment and an almost erotic warmth of sentiment.

I thought of whether or not to share the messages with Joe. There is a moment, shaped like an hourglass, that one has to squeeze one's self through in the contemplation of any decision.

Prior to the decision, i had taken to heart that no necessity existed to share the messages with Joe and to distract him from his new Macintosh.

Yet simply because I did not require either approval or disapproval, either corroboration or condemnation, that did not mean that I could not avail myself of a laugh shared with a friend.

'Two messages!' I couldn't have surrendered Joe's congenial, warm sarcasm for the world. I am reminded, as I had been prior to the decision, of Jason and the instance wherein he first invited me to talk to him about the N.R.A.

As I had nearly mistaken the temptation to share this moment with Joe for a temptation towards adolescence, I had mistaken that confrontation with Jason for the same temptation.

I would not have trader either.

No comments:

Post a Comment