Monday, December 4, 2017

THE MOON and ANTARCTICA:

ADDITIONAL NOTES: 

"The Moon and Antarctica" is the title of the first Major Label Album released by MODEST MOUSE. Modest Mouse is led by Isaac Brock, whose Sun Sign is in Cancer, the Crab. Cancer is ruled by the MOON in Western Astrology.

VOILA; le rêve:

You know what I noticed about human beings? We just can’t handle change. There is just so much campaign funding that goes into either denying that Global Warming is happening, or doing something to prevent or slow the process. But how much funding is actually going into building boats and floatation devices?

I had a dream that Stranger Things had more than two seasons. This puzzled my Dreaming Mind, which, after all, has become so intimately linked to my Waking Mind that it is privy to certain Conscious Facts, such as the number of Active Seasons for the show Stranger Things. But now that I come to think of it: it makes sense that in a Dream that so closely (yet with unforeseen Optimism) parallels a Paranoid Conspiracy that there would be untapped veins of Unseen Footage, which given the nature of Virtual Reality one might explore on the Fifth Dimension. So it was that I became a Ghost, haunting the chief protagonists of the show, which by this point had come to include (perhaps to the exclusion of the main cast) my new “friends” from San Marcos, such as Nicole Fitzgerald and her cult. My sister, an avid fan of Stranger Things, was most probably a part of this new line-up, and by breaking a no-longer-existent fourth wall (a paradox that only an avid reader would fathom: how can one break what isn’t there?) she managed to reassure me, time and again, that not only was this Season Real, but so was I. The premise for this Season I was stuck in seems to be “I am an Illusion”, a song by Rob Thomas that has been on my mind ever since I discovered the true nature of my Relationship with Nicole, I.A.L. I could not manage to get the attention of my main “go-to guy”, a figure only mysterious to the degree that one asks what his Formal Role is rather than his Television Stereotype, which has become sort of redundant in this Fifth Season of Breaking Bad that I am watching with my relative T.V.-illiterate Mother, I.A.L. (Relative, of course, only to myself and my Binge-watching sister.)
I had no hesitation, upon discovering my newfound power in order to HAUNT Nicole and her friends. It turns out that my visibility comes and goes depending on various factors, including my will, the time, the place, and my proximity to the viewer. Needless to say (though I would do well to remind myself): my Mother’s recent discovery, I.A.L, that I am near-sighted was the basis for this symbol, and it is not impossible that one of the things it symbolizes is the near-sightedness itself.
As it turns out: the group that I was harassing was a Band of Vikings, the very source of both Nietzschean vanity and its corollary proto-Fascism in the Herd. So as Yang peaked yin began to form. I followed my friends through the Tundra, until I had gone so far North that I had to turn around and start heading South. The further North I went, the higher my altitude as well. I know now why: yesterday, at Home Goods, a place my Mother frequents though I had not known this (and I’d not been there in seven years, the last time having been there with her) I saw a Globe whose Water Colour was Black. I thought, facetiously: this must be some sort of Politically Correct Globe, not unlike that pretentious map that has North facing Downward and South facing up. Why was the map so pretentious? Perusing the Globe I discovered the cause: There is A LOT MORE LAND in the Northern Hemisphere. A man sitting at his desk with the overhead lamp shining on his Globe would be hard-pressed to get a good view of Europe, North America, Asia, nor MOST of Africa. Only a South American, Australian, or Antarctican (is that even a Thing? MicroSoft Word says no, apparently.) would find a use for such a Globe, unless the light were shining FROM the DESK ITSELF and THROUGH the GLOBE, which would have to be translucent. Naturally, this would be damaging to one’s eyes over a long period of time.
A map that’s upside-down would be equally poor, considering that such maps that are meant to be hung in Classrooms tend to have the Upper Hemisphere at the average student’s eye-level, whereas the Lower One tends to level more with the torso.

The Dream was witty in reminding me that as one goes North one all so goes UP, for there is more refuge from Sea Level there. Tell THAT, please, to our young and eager Liberals: that their Maps do little to help us PREPARE for rising water levels. Our academic friends seem to have presumed that Global Warming will just be “fixed” before we have to worry about that, or, better yet! that there will be someone to blame for it, who might be used as a Floatation Device (Perhaps a “Corporate Fat Cat”?). It’s like they say in contemporary Buddhism, I guess: the Map is Not The Territory.

The Vikings found me. It was inevitable, and I was a Fool to cling to the Security (cough, cough; sorry, but it’s snowing) of my South Node, which had become not unlike the “Nodes” in Hoven Gorge from the third Ratchet and Clank game. Prior to my departure South I left a message in the snow (with my finger, of course) for My Guy, hinting very clearly (and in a fashion reminiscent of BioShock, both in terms of intent, style, and degree of hamming) that it was I that was the Ghost that Haunted Fitz and Co.
It was not long after I had returned to my little Synthetic Hobbit-Hole that Vikings stormed my paradise, blasting the song “Jumalten Kaupunki”, because apparently in this interactive Virtual Reality series the characters can hear the Soundtrack.
Naturally, one wonders this: if my South Node is in Cancer, but that is ALL so my Midheaven, what am I to do? How can I leave Home and then Find it Again? What’s further South, in other words, than South?
Appropriately enough (to still appear ironical in an age of Rampant Irony) it was my parents that showed me the way. I found my Mother and Father walking in the snow beside some sort of rounded blue, tusk-shaped Obelisk: a reminder of Nicole’s Ungoing* Imperial Presence, and a reference to her spiel about Egyptian Mystics. I had to apologize, by force of conversation, to my Mother for my occasional suicidally suggestive asides, and she did not hesitate to reprimand me, however fleetingly, for the perceived threats of self-harm. Yet I was surprised to learn this: that when I told her that I wanted to go down as far South as possible, she had not counted that as suicidal.

*I meant to say “Ongoing”, but this typo amuses me.
My parents arranged for me to Take a Little Trip in my Low Rider down to the South Pole. My Father insisted, in that same conversation outside the Blue Horn, that it was not Cold Down There at all. Much as tends to be the case where Astrology is concerned I.A.L, I ignored what I was sure to have been some nonsense about the Earth’s Spin, settling for the less embarrassing conviction that my Scientific Knowledge (which I had come to regard as Mere Fact) had at some point been a relevant theory. This, of course, proves that my Dream was set in the Future, though when I arrived on my Surfboat* I found myself in Rapture. Even the quality of the water evoked BioShock, a dystopia set in the past. The sky evoked Courage the Cowardly Dog, most notably the episode where Courage and Muriel escape from Katz Island, and most particularly the SCENE when they have successfully done so aboard a Cruise Vessel. Somehow: the Dream suggests that my Dystopian Past is behind me, and my Utopian Future looms ahead. My Father had made it clear to me in that same conversation outside Blue Horn that the only truly COLD places are now the Mountain Peaks. Perhaps my Goat-like pursuit of Worldly Success (a reference blatantly to my Capricorn North Node, as well as my Fourth House) will only end me up where I began? If so, I look forward to a Warm New Beginning. Maybe I’ll even get LAID, for once!! Hahaha.


*How does Word recognize this word?

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment