Monday, September 9, 2019

ADDENDA:


Interstellar Pig may be read as a satire of science in general. William Sleator claimed that were it not for the influence of his parents, he might simply have written a work of nautical fiction: a “nautical yarn”, so to speak. This is unlikely, given that he is an Aquarius, however I don’t preclude the possibility that the Piggy’s “game”, one which threatens entire species with extinction purely owing to boredom and the need for a constant vacation, is a jab at the attitude of pure research. MUST we explore the earth and the heavens, just in order to survive?

Ashton Kutcher’s identity as an Aquarius can lead us to several presumptions about his character which render his various peculiarities unsurprising, such as his fiscal conservatism, his social liberalism, his enormous commitment to the exploration of space, his philanthropy, and his general inability to relate romantically, except when in character.

The popularity of organized crime in a culture is directly proportional to two factors: group alienation and superstitious national traditions.
I tire of hearing the term “privilege” to describe what I was raised to regard as a simply decent life. If my upbringing was itself the product of undue privilege, upon what grounds can I continue to support those groups and individuals who seek what I have out of envy? Why should I be denied an “advantage” over these people as if in a game? If one precludes the ability to use power effectively, why try to empower people by preaching the good life? What right do they have to lower their standards, fueling their base contempt towards me, when I have only wanted for them what I have had? Why should they sever themselves from my support by alienating my own suffering? Have I not been far less dismissive??

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment