Wednesday, September 11, 2019

RAFAEL:


Rafael: you and I had the same class in ethics together. I know that I do not need to pardon your trespasses based upon assumption of ignorance, as I must do in far too many cases. I do not recall you storming out of our professor’s classroom in a stifled rage, as you may recall that I had done, only to return and to sit twitching at the front, practically pulling out my hair, indignant. You never took issue with his teaching, and I agree to it only to that extent that the giants whose shoulders he stood upon I studied. Our frame of reference is equal here, and if I can make decisions for myself, I certainly can do so for you, since there was never any moral provision made for your self-interest working against mine. You are not entitled to that sort of autonomy, and I shudder to imagine a society wherein you might advance by that line. I know what I need from you, and I don’t doubt what it is that the World requires of you. You should be thankful that you have me here to remind you, especially since I honour your own feedback with the same attention as I would have you give me; I simply cannot continue to respect your feedback the moment that I have reason to believe that you have become corrupted by some egoism. Believe me: it is not a sight I dream of seeing. As far as I can recall, there was always ONE right answer, or at least one uniform set that was apparent to all rational beings, since there was never any criterion by which they could be divided and segregated from one another, with brutal alienation. I will no longer be accused of harbouring any self-interest in the pursuit of this right answer, and you WILL answer to the answer itself, as we all are obligated to.



Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment