Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Epilogue: 640 mots.

They said he was a guy who just did drugs
And played guitar. I thought that it
Was more and that they could not see it
From afar.

A door into an other World.
Devoid of all pretension.
And tight rope-walking spaceman hurled
Into the next dimension.

What if all of the designers
Who had made your favourite games
Were all drug pushing maligners
Who could never feel the shame.

What if it was never real?
The claims that it had shared her
Suicidal woes. And what if its own
Solitary aims and subtle games
Nobody knows?

Because it claimed that all I said
Was so conveniently in my favour.
Like I’d let it all get to my head
Inflamed by its behavior.

But have I not earned the right to savour
What I lost? And if the flavor that I order
Here is Justice. Must it not be that I should
Enjoy the frost? And mindless of the
Cost.

A kind man will enjoy his kindness
If it is reciprocated. He could be
As easily moved to the blindest
Rage if he is baited.

What was convenient for him
Then to omit at my expense:
That he’d supplied an addict
That I loved with drugs
With sex for recompense.

And she believed she was not used
And it could be excused. And so she
So refused to listen. Even as I shouted
Of the ruse.

He raped and killed her
When he willed her out of my
Perfection. And so chilled is
Still my blood for all the blood
That had been spilled by her
Selection.

Her rejection had meant nothing
Next to the one loss I feared.
And sex was something that I never held so
Dear. But they would not adhere
For when they’d hear the psychopathic
Side. How quickly they would side against
My wrath in service to its pride.

She died because I never could omit
In my Great Hope any detail.
That given the entire scope
They’d help her to escape and cope
And Truth and Goodness would prevail.

But what had been the central issue
Clear in every symptom as a pock
Marked zit. Was that I was a victim
And that he was only ever it.

But it was this same griping
Over problems at the very core.
That made it so impossible to solve them.
When my throat was growing sore.

For what lies deep at the core
Of all the lies and washes up
On every shore.

Is thrown back easily
Into the water. That he
Bought her like a whore

Was more than I could bear then to repeat
Or to believe. But all the more I wanted
Them to see the Truth and to relieve.

But what had been so central
Was to them so marginal and
Petty. I could not conceive of it
For this I never had been ready.

And the ones who knew the whole extent of it
Did nothing. But it’s true that they are guilty of it
Too. At least one man here: he did something.

And when it refused, all self-excused
To make amends for what it had the
Nerve to take from friends:
The One Love of my Life.
And Her Life towards meeting its
Ends.

I thought that would be enough
Without the details to convince.
But the Devil lives in all the details.
And she sails with him as with a Prince.

A Prince of Darkness will embark on this:
To rape and murder his closest friend’s
Chosen bride.

I did not know what part to say
To sell it to you that it was not
Justified.

But it must be true to form now
You are all informed that
She has died.

Now: are you now so deformed
As to hold on to every norm
And pride?

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment