Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Song of Haters:

Haters.

There are people who are haters.
And they live in hellish craters.
And they say to well-wishing crusaders:
You are space invaders!

And these people. They are traitors.
Bent on power and position.
And they herd the sheep towards slaughter
Just to satiate their blind ambition.

And these people, who are haters.
They are all so Great Equators.
Who say who are you to judge us?
How is it you can begrudge us?

You are just as meek and selfish
As the most self-seeking shellfish.
And your pretense towards well wishing
Is just meant to hide your true ambition.

As though any glimpse of light
Stood just as evidence for dark.
And as though all sort of wrong and right
Are only meant to leave a mark.

These people who are haters.
Never disembark from their hell holes.
But only spew their hate and
In the darkness say:
Don’t judge our souls!

And some haters come around
And come upon a realisation.
And they see that they’re profoundly flawed
And they are so driven.

To be near to God and then the haters
Beg to be forgiven.

And their victims would deliver them
And give them what it takes.
Their infractions do not hinder them;
They’ve learned from their mistakes.

And so all of the apologies
That I’ve accrued over the years.
All add to my philosophy
So I can go on without fear.

And do not brood on the hypocrisy
Of trained manipulators.
Who invade my space and jade this place.
I do not fear to face the haters.

They try to persuade me
That I see within them my own cunning.
Then they all evade me
And I only find it stunning.

That the loving people never made me
Feel within this way.
So what do they have to say to me?
What more is there to say?

They all warn me that one day I will
See error in my ways.
But they who tell me of this terror
Are the ones who wreak such terror on my days.

And if half of them wake up and they
Proclaim the errors of their past.
Then can’t I just as safely say
The other half won’t ever last?

And even if they never wake up
In the confines of this life.
I won’t apologise to them
Nor take them up on all the strife
They have to offer. Why must good men suffer
For the swine?
They Chose to live this sort of life.
And I chose the Divine.

So when judgement comes I know right now
As much as ever I had known
That all those haters had been in the wrong
Who had come to atone.

That I won’t be the one to say
Forgive me, all you haters.
But it will be those who hurt me.
Though it may happen much later.

And then once they have admitted it
Whom will I answer to?
I know what is owed to me
And just as well, what’s due
To you.

So do not think that due to you
I will lose sleep. Hiding within a crater.
Like a sacrificial sheep.
In the slaughterhouse of haters.

(And may be I see it now.
Though they shall only see it later.
But inside they know it anyhow.
So I say to equators:

I have learned from their mistakes.
And I am totally at peace.
And I won’t suffer for their sakes.
Nor buffer them much longer in my fleece.)


Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment