Sunday, July 2, 2017

A Different Kind of Love:

A Different Kind of Love:

This much sums up the difference between how others perceive love and how I do:
The ordinary person thinks of his or her feelings as belonging exclusively to his or herself.
The ideal that this person covets is that someone should “reciprocate” those feelings.
This leaves the matter to chance and to projection.
Ironically, it is these same people who live for the gamble of finding a “match” that accuse people like myself of being prone to projection. This is because people like myself perceive all relationships as being mutual.
In MY view, all relationships are mutual.
I hold this view because my own feelings are most often simply the sum of those feelings that surround me. They are RECEIVED by me, as would radio signals be received by an antenna, in direct proportion to their intrinsic intensity and their proximity (not to my own in the abstract, but to my physical person in the imminent world).
It is impossible for me to conceive of a world wherein feelings are NOT reciprocated.
So decisions are not based upon self-interest based upon mutual desire.
All relationships are intrinsically mutual, simply because my neighbour’s feelings have no barrier with my own. I share them. I share no boundary where they are concerned. It is not unlike the state of consciousness I must often habitate: forgetting where I end and my neighbour’s eyes begin.
So decisions are based upon a separate set of values. These are Spiritual Values, and they can be inferred by Intuition as easily as they may be transmitted by the spoken or written Word. They may all so be absorbed by osmosis, again in proportion to intensity and proximity.
The superiority of this position is that it leaves nothing to chance. It does not allow for harm except when harm is intrinsic to the observation of a Sacred Value. It does not allow for competition or aggression. It does not tolerate self-interest. It accords not with the lifestyle of the parasite, who GOES OUT AND GETS what it wants at the expense of some Other. It is rather like a Tree that lives only to give and to receive, all the while striving towards greater widths, depths, and heights.
No one can contend with a Sacred Value, for to place one’s self above that is to invite injury unto one’s own self. No Sacred Value is capable of such injury, because it can only inconvenience the injurious. It takes offense only to that which threatens to harm Others. Its foresight is surpassing; its refinement exquisite. And it allows for no excuses.
Mine is the Higher Way, the Deeper Way, and the Wider Way.


Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment