Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Day After: A Synthesis of Faith and Reason.

The Day After: A Synthesis of Faith and Reason.


“What if Truth were a Woman?” Friedrich Nietzsche.

I remember praying
Like the star itself
Would hear me

Then I realized
Just how far away
It had been, really.

Dm.A.A.

Before my Father rudely interrupted by barging into my room I.A.L. (just to find his earphones) I was engrossed in an engaging but polite and subtle conversation with a man at a sunlit park. The music in the background was not unlike Alex Riccio’s most recent work, but in tone alone; the melody was mine – a series of ascending arpeggios.

I met him at the end of a long trek. He was handing out flyers for an indie band; these flyers listed influences that were from among my very favourites, including Modest Mouse. On the back of the deep yellow sheet that he was handing out was printed the band name, which was some variation of the ‘Jesus and Mary Chain’. He was so amicable that I had to ask his sign. He gave an obscure and roundabout answer, facetiously, explaining loquaciously that according to the ancient Hindu Calendar he would be a Scorpio. He began to pace the park, so I followed him. I probed him for his true birthday, according to the Western Calendar. He would not tell it to me, though he had all ready mentioned November 1. He asked if I Knew that astrology was a scam; I replied that I did. My reply was a front to keep probing.
At one point I explained all the ways and reasons that he met the description of a Scorpio. These included his secrecy, especially about something so commonplace (and seemingly banal to a non-believer) as his birthday. It then dawned upon me that his birthday would be the same at any rate; the Hindus had, to my Knowledge, no concept of ‘November’ until the Western calendar was introduced by colonialization.
But just as I began to point this out to him, as he gaily strode upon a marble partition that rose about a foot above the ground, the dream ended with my Father’s Lionesque display of arrogance and strident self-entitlement. It is well. Waking Life, like Judgment over Perception, imbues me with a confidence now.

And were I not of sound Waking Mind to write my own endings to my dreams, I would not have had such fruitful and vivid ones.

Apparently, apples help. I should start to drink cidre more often again. Obviously, I still attribute my lucidity at present to the breakthrough of this most recent night. Yet if Dream and Wakefulness are as intimate to one an other as they seem right now, is it not true that the cidre had produced the very lucidity in [waking] action that then transitioned smoothly into Dream?


Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment