Thursday, July 26, 2018

A Relatable Monologue:


What ails you, my old friend?



The ills of a Time and Place

Of which I am perhaps the only healthy resident.



What Hell have you returned from?



One beyond imagining or description.



Challenge me to fathom it, my friend.



Not only was I disadvantaged by a fellow human being,

Something I’d not considered yet to have been possible of fate,

But it was done so without warrant,

Deliberately, in conspiracy against me,

By those whom I’d trusted most to value my integrity

And not as a means towards some private ends,

But part and parcel with my Heart,

Whose longings were pruned and watered by those same critics,

I believing them to have done so out of consideration for my Virtue,

And with only those private ends to try to justify it.



No such evil had I known before,

The only superior of which I’ve known since

Has been this: that I am somehow blamed

For the sins of others against me

When it was my virtue and my own pursuit of it

Alongside those I trusted virtuously,

(For they’d fed me lies about my character)

That produced this fate in tandem with their

Shameful and depraving vice.



Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment