Saturday, July 14, 2018

ANTODOTE TO PARANOIA:


How did I get into this dreadful habit of presuming the worst? Even presuming I don’t know for certain, and that I must have some doubt remaining, is one of the worst presumptions I could make. I have a moral obligation to treat others with generosity. They are innocent until proven guilty, and since I know myself to be innocent for a fact, then they would be guilty to dismiss me. This begins with me, because I have authority in human matters. I can’t be held guilty for how I have affected them, for if they should CHOOSE to sabotage an innocent man then that would only establish their own guilt. It does not bother me that I precluded that same guilt, for by the very act of trusting them I made it possible to clear my own name of misanthropy. And it can only be misanthropy that would compel them to besmirch MY name when I have placed such faith in them and in our common human project.



Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment