Saturday, August 31, 2019

DEST!NAT!ON: CH!LDHOOD.


Too long you have emulated the demeanour of a human being, and far too proficiently have you evaded capture and exposure, for that attention that in the human being is assigned to others has been entirely invested in the preservation of your paltry self.

The measure of a nation’s humanity is in how it treats its children. They are innocent and powerless; they must only be subject to those imperatives that TRULY benefit them foremost and their society only secondarily, and as adults we have no excuse to delude ourselves in this respect so long as we imagine ourselves in whatever position we put the child.

One wonders how children have suffered for so long in so many perversions of society, but when one has read the accounts of their oppressors and remembers the hypocritical disdain with which contemporary oppressors dismissed the children, contemptuously, one understands that both oppressors are the same in form and function, and at the end of the long tunnel of shock there is the light of absolute power over this. That solitary drive, to bring the oppression to an end, alone can truly motivate the free man in his enterprises and to verify his satisfaction.

If I have been as a child, I have retained that innocence which is intrinsic to people and is thereby the basis for our universal human rights and common life. If what I have professed would benefit me, I ought to rejoice that I have been consistent, and I must admit it was inevitable that over enough time justice would favour me, though the unjust continued to rob me of this benefit. So long as I sought what was owed to me by righteous channels, I have had the obligation to pursue it, whereas they had no such right whatsoever. Accusing me of self-interest is a confession to guilt in such a conflict, for only the guilty person would have robbed me of this, and if I must hold him to my own conception of justice in order that I might demonstrate this fact, I can rest assured that no truly mature person would question me, for up until that point my methods have striven only towards the salvation of the disenfranchised, and now I have so self-identified with those I sought to save that I too must accept salvation. There is absolutely no maturity that does not protect innocence. At no age are the evils of those who abuse the innocent considered permissible to the sane mind, and far less can they be required.



Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment