Sunday, August 18, 2019

If You Wish... (Marxist Individualism!)


If you wish to understand my communism, you must first understand my individualism. On one hand, I regard the individual capacity for independent thought to be the first and last defense against the most oppressive tyranny, and I crusade daily to liberate this capacity from the depraving confines of the tribe. On the other hand, its greatest internal menace, its foulest temptation, is the individual will, which turns individual thought towards the service of a more oppressive, narcissistic and myopic master: the individual body. Only the State can protect the individual from the tribe, and that State must also do its best to temper the Individual will. We must never have to seek what we need, for the moment that we allow ourselves to be our foremost concern we descend into egocentric madness and depravity. The State must therefore provide all that we need so that we can continue to provide for it, thus fulfilling our duty to one another. No other form of government seems sensible to my mind. I have spent a lifetime trying to discover how to lead a happy life by finding all the proper virtues. I am told that virtue ought to be its own reward, so I should not expect for it to serve me, and I ought to die alone, starving and celibate. Yet I don’t see this selflessness within the common person, and I know that were it there our altruism would be vindicated by being reciprocated, and all would prosper. I must conclude that the only way for me to live is for my example to be mandated, and in turn I look forward to having a more powerful and virtuous entity, blessed with a surpassing wisdom and tradition of righteousness, to mandate those dictates which would further my spiritual development.



Dmytri.

[({Dm.A.A.)}]

No comments:

Post a Comment