Monday, August 7, 2017

A Tale of Pretension:

A Tale of Pretension:

You do not love women. What have you ever done for them? Nothing. You have only ever offered them an alternative to what was healthy for them. The moment that they needed you, you had all ready calculated a response that was tailored to YOUR needs, and not theirs. Your obsession with women rendered you amoral, unless the amorality can be said to predate the obsession, which is not unlikely. In private you treated them as objects, and yet you condemned your fellows for treating them as property. As though any thing could be possessed OTHER than a person! To possess any thing is to personify it as an extension of yourself. And what is love other than that? The only difference between your love and the love of your fellows is that they regarded people and their feelings as belonging to the Public Domain; it was YOU that stole people and feelings and made them your temporary private property. You ask me how that could be possible as though it were my burden to find an answer. I was never fooled; I do not know. But I can tell you that I know that you deliberately made me “look bad”, even when my own contributions were byfar outreaching yours. So what can you know of women? You were only ever a disappointment to them. You did not treat them either as Equals nor as Others. You prided yourself in some sort of “knowledge” of them that outshone that of your male fellows, as though you were some sort of matriarch who could be justified in his betrayal of his closest friends by veneration of any desperate woman who did not know what she wanted and might be tempted by any thing. She does not even give me credit for my courage in admitting to such painful things because her own guilt outweighs her sympathy for me. What became of your knowledge? Was it ever more than knowledge of remote objects that you strove with futility to control? By what devil was it inspired? And who would believe in it now? Where are they now?


Dm.A/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment