Monday, August 7, 2017

DOWNTOWN:


DOWNTOWN:




In the dream I rode the train again. 

I cannot explain again.
How this dream was so prophetic
That it seems almost poetic.

Had to wait for the latecomer
Like the words” Have a great summer!”
Was not striving for survival.
Just alive and waiting
For the train’s arrival.

I awoke now feeling drained
Barely stoked and fairly pained.

I cannot explain again
Why I was on the train again.

Maybe there had been a way
For a concert there to play.

May be there had been a heist.
May be like a poltergeist.

I was haunting someone cool
Hoping she was nice and was
Not cruel.

But I cannot say.
Did the train get
To her place that
Day? Or did I
Chase the girl
Away?

I can’t remember.
If I saw her face I was
Dismembered.

Fell from Grace.
Smoldered in embers.
Much less bolder.
Older in November.

Dm.A.A.



I recall that in the dream I was composing music towards the end of it. There was all so a great event involving a group of people that did not know what they were doing. I was of this group. We were young and fresh, but nonetheless we had what could be called “gumption”. A lot of the dream was set on Palomar College’s campus. Perhaps I was trying to cannibalize the wasted years of compulsory schooling and I was trying to use it to make the Suburban Shamans work. It failed. But so be it. It was trivial in the long run. Thinking of it could only bring back pain. Unless I can cannibalize that as well, towards Higher Artistic Purposes, then there is little I can do but to add to my neuroses. At least they are not sins. I never inflicted harm upon any one personally; I simply offered my controversial views to the Public. And in the same way that the Public cannot be held responsible, so it is that I cannot be held responsible TO it. Only individuals matter, and only insofar as they are part of something Higher than the Public.

At some point the dream moved back to High School. The hallways seemed endless. I understand them now. They represent the paths of life, taking one from one station to an other. Endless hallways represent Perpetual Adolescence.

I snuck onto the campus with the intent of liberating people from perpetual adolescence. Hence the rosy hues. I could not do it. So I had to leave.

My Future is beyond the confines of these systems. So why was I taking a train back North? Well: it’s possible that there was something along the way that I found there. Maybe that is where I hope to find Love. But instead of running North I would do better to head South. My friends from up North are well as friends, but they are no substitute for my Future, which has all ways rested DOWNTOWN.


Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment