Tuesday, August 8, 2017

THE NEXT LEVEL DOWN: ACT III, SCENE TWO.

Scene Two: Inside the car.

DRAKE: So you’ve had a change of Heart.
VIRGIL: Huh?
DRAKE: Yeah. Where are we GOING any way?
VIRGIL: To the jail.
DRAKE: How come?
VIRGIL: Because you salted my fries with soda.
DRAKE: And this you deem to be unbecoming, I would wager.
[He doses off. He then awakes. Beside him sits a voluptuous young girl.]
DRAKE: You look vaguely familiar.
JASMINE: My name is Jasmine.
DRAKE: JASMINE?
[Comprehension dawns.]
DRAKE: Virgil.
VIRGIL: What?
DRAKE: That music. That you’re listening to.
VIRGIL: Yes?
DRAKE: It wouldn’t happen to be modern techno, would it?
VIRGIL: Homie you know it.
DRAKE: Good God. [Pause.] Hey Verge.
VIRGIL: Yeah?
DRAKE: Mind rotating the FM knob?
VIRGIL: I would, but it does not work.
DRAKE: I see. So we’re stuck on the same station.
VIRGIL: Well. You can rotate it. There’s one right next to you. But it will only make the bass heavier.
DRAKE: I see. So I was right.
[He opens the suicide door. A giant Chinese Dragon flies by. Astride him is Friedrich Nietzsche, crying over a Dead Horse.]
[He closes the door.]
DRAKE: I am lying on the cement outside O’Donnell’s. I am asleep. Aren’t I?
[No one answers.]
DRAKE: So be it.

JASMINE: So tell me more about that girl.
DRAKE: What girl?
JASMINE: The Arian one that you met outside the Parking Structure.
DRAKE: She was perfect. She slept with my best friend. So called best friend.
JASMINE: I see.
DRAKE: But it was all for the right reasons. Turned out that she was really an experienced Shaman. People on lower vibrations would not understand.
JASMINE: Try me.
DRAKE: Don’t worry: I’m sure YOU are on a higher wavelength than most.
JASMINE: I know. I mean: I’ll bet.
DRAKE: Any way: wait. When you said “try me”. You were not telling me you were on a lower frequency.
JASMINE: Nope.
DRAKE: And NEITHER were you telling me to try to talk to you despite your being on a lower frequency.
JASMINE: Right.
DRAKE: So it follows logically – if dreams ever follow logically –
JASMINE: Well. YOU would. As the dreamer.
DRAKE: Yes. It follows logically that NEITHER is it that you wanted me to try you just to learn that you are actually on a HIGHER wavelength.
VIRGIL: Indubitably.
DRAKE: For I would have recognized it by now any way.
JASMINE: Yes. As the dreamer.
DRAKE: SO: When you said “try me”. You really meant…
[She leans in and they make out.
Virgil slams his horn.]
VIRGIL: You cc-c-c-can’t DODODO that!
DRAKE: Why NOT?
VIRGIL: Becccause… becccause…
JASMINE: Because you were telling us a story. And he now wants you to finish it.
DRAKE: Oh yes. Well: Where was I?
JASMINE: Search your feelings.
DRAKE: Right. My hurt feelings. Hm.
She was a Shaman. And she wanted Power. Over him.
JASMINE: The Nameless One.
DRAKE: Correct. She was drawn to me by virtue of the Law of Attraction. By our common karma. She knew that she could not master me. I was too powerful. But she knew she could use sex to master HIM. To serve a higher purpose.
JASMINE: That sounds Noble.
VIRGIL: But how can you know that?
DRAKE: She told me.
VIRGIL: But she lied to you.
JASMINE: Keep driving, Virgil.
VIRGIL: No. Hold up.
[He stops the car.]
DRAKE: Virgil. We’re going to be late.
VIRGIL: Now HOLD on. Ariana was a WOMAN.
JASMINE: Yes.
DRAKE: So?
VIRGIL: SO: She COULD not have wanted power. Because all that women want is sex.
JASMINE: That’s such a male thing to say.
VIRGIL: She only wanted him because he’d had sex with other women.
DRAKE: That’s an OUTRAGE!!
JASMINE: I am calling the Police.
VIRGIL: Why??
DRAKE: You insulted Ariana.
[Police arrive.]
OFFICER: What’s the matter here?
DRAKE: He thinks that Ariana cheated on me because that prick had had sex with multiple women hitherto.
OFFICER: I see.
VIRGIL: But I was simply pointing OUT to him that ALL that women want is sex.
OFFICER: And you?
JASMINE: Insisted that that was an insult. So I called you guys.
OFFICER: Well. What do you make of this?
DEPUTY: I say we should take them ALL in.

ALL THREE: FUCK.

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment