Tuesday, August 15, 2017

THE NEXT LEVEL DOWN: ACT III, SCENE FIVE.

Scene Five: A bush outside a Library.

HOMELESS MAN [to Peter]: You have to look at what ACTUALLY happened, not what COULD have happened. Look at what ACTUALLY happened, and look at the fact it had to STOP.
DRAKE: I had the most awful dream. And then I realized it was Reality.
PETER: That will happen from time to time.
DRAKE: HEY, Peter. How’s the Piscean life treating you?
PETER: See for yourself.
DRAKE: That well, huh?
PETER: It’s a nightmare.
[Homeless Man exits. Drake eyes him suspiciously.]
PETER: What did you dream about?
DRAKE: Funny thing. It was so important. That I cannot remember.
PETER: That happens to me a lot.
DRAKE: What’s Jackson doing?
PETER: He passed out cold bro.
DRAKE: Jesus. How long was I ASLEEP? Last I checked Jackson was supposed to be on meth.
PETER: The meth Zane gave him was laced with heroin.
DRAKE: Is that how drugs even WORK?
PETER: HIS do.

DRAKE: How’s Janet? I know you don’t like me to mention her and Clark but.
PETER: No I actually took rather kindly to Clark of late. Surprisingly enough.
DRAKE: Oh. Well I suppose you are both on the same Virgo-Pisces polarity. Just opposite poles.
PETER: We both decided that what was best for Janet would be best for each of us.
DRAKE: That’s. Noble.
PETER: It’s what she wants.
DRAKE: But she fucks you more than she fucks him.
PETER: That’s the ironic thing.
DRAKE: So it’s like you do more FOR her.
PETER: That I can’t deny.
DRAKE: So she’s really with YOU in a way.
PETER: I guess. Not formally any more though.
DRAKE: But this is perfect for you two! You two are not FORMALLY involved. Just informally. De facto. Not de jure. So you don’t have to worry about codependency.
PETER: I guess so.
DRAKE: So between you and me: I’m still Team Peter. Fuck Team Clark. You and Janet can still make things work.
PETER: I don’t know. I’m kind of starting to get over being her errand boy.
DRAKE: But don’t you see? If you could set aside your pride for just a few moments, and then you let her vent her frustrations off on you, she’ll come to her senses. And you’ll be the first thing that she sees, standing there waiting for her. And not Clark.
PETER: Don’t get me wrong. Clark might be an alcoholic. But he has his redeeming qualities.
DRAKE: Pisceans. We see the best in every one. But in all seriousness though. Fuck Clark and fuck Virgos. They pretend to care for you but it’s totally narcissistic. They just guilt you into feeling like you owe them something. Even Scorpios are not so good at it. Probably because the latter do it consciously. And consciousness has limits.
PETER: Word up. Here. Let me write this down. If you don’t mind.
DRAKE: She loves you. I KNOW it. But she’s using Clark. Because he’s jealous, insecure, and needy. Needy but not needing. He does not NEED her. But wants her. And pretends to need her. She does not need him.
PETER: Hold on. Go back to what you said five minutes ago.
DRAKE: I forgot it. She does not NEED him. He’s just codependent enough for her. He’s SAFE.
PETER: I wouldn’t call him that.
DRAKE: He’s EASY.
PETER: That I’ll grant you.
DRAKE: There is Hope. After all of this time. For both of you. And… others as well.
[Police officer appears.]
OFFICER: Drake Andersen?
DRAKE: Yeah, boss?
OFFICER: You are under arrest.
DRAKE: For what? For calling that girl a wetback? Or for giving her number out?
OFFICER: Illegal camping.
DRAKE: [Pause.] So where’s my tent?
OFFICER: Come on, wise-guy.
[Drake exits with officer.
Homeless Man returns.
Jackson awakes.]
JACKSON: I had the most awful Reality. And then I realized it was a dream.
PETER: That’ll happen.
HOMELESS MAN: Remember. It’s all about what you make of it.
PETER: It is what it is.
HOMELESS MAN: No. It is what you MAKE it.
JACKSON: I thought God made it. Or that it was DMT or something.

HOMELESS MAN: He’ll never give you some thing you can’t handle. Remember that. All ways.€

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment