Wednesday, August 9, 2017

L'ANTIDOTE:

Relations take time. You know this. If they are worth maintaining then they are worth waiting for. I had that going for me. It was nearing its consummation. I had only a few things to tweak to complete the magick. And you interrupted. You, closest to me, betrayed me. And I’ve been picking up the pieces ever since. Well: this is the last piece. You tried to dismiss all I’ve said this entire time as though my ritual were mere pomp and circumstance. As though your cowardice were virtue. As though you had been courageous in playing a game I’d never consented to, wherein success for you was the worst of all possible outcomes to everyone, where loss would be a victory, so you had nothing to lose, and wherein you cheated, for you were supposed to have been upon my team, and knowing you were not my victory would have been swift. And all this time you’ve tried to cover for your treachery by the pretense that I was lying. But why would I lie now? The situation has reached its conclusion.  Have won, though no spoils can I collect. And I find myself struggling to vindicate my Truths against YOUR lie. But I know them to be True now thus: because I know my motives for their observation. Do not flatter yourself that I do observe them on your behalf, as though I would be so petty as to spite you. No: their validity is not in my past but in my Future. And that Future is my motive for pursuing them. That Future is brighter than any Present that you might gift me nor than any Past about which we might hold our trial. And so long as I aim towards that Future, I know all that I encounter to possess the Light of Truth, because it is not corrupted, as you believe it to be, and as you would have made it so, by the Past.

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment