Tuesday, August 8, 2017

THE NEXT LEVEL DOWN: ACT III, SCENE THREE.

Scene Three: A Jail.

DRAKE: DYLAN??
DYLAN: What’s up bro. [Enthusiastically.]
DRAKE: What are YOU doing here?
DYLAN: Peaceful protest.
DRAKE: I see. Vaguely.
DYLAN: I was arrested by the government for singing subversive lyrics.
DRAKE: You are in a band now?
DYLAN: Yeah dude. It’s P.D.R.M.
DRAKE: Pardon?
DYLAN: Post-Death Revival Metal.
DRAKE: Got ya.
DYLAN: [Pause.] Aren’t you going to ask what’s it called?
DRAKE: What’s it called?
DYLAN: AMORAL CLITORIS.
DRAKE: Fitting title.
DYLAN: [Pause.] I guess now I am supposed to ask you to recite some of your lyrics.
DRAKE: You ready? [anxiously grinning.]
DYLAN: Yes.
[Dylan belts out a series of unintelligible, subversive growls.]
DRAKE: Wow. I see why they put you away.
DYLAN: Don’t worry about it. I’ve got friends in low places.
DRAKE: That I’m sure of.

DRAKE: You know: Some days I want to just come out and say: WORLD. Drake needs to get LAID.
DYLAN: Social networking.
DRAKE: But that’s the issue. Wow. My cynical intellect really DOES seem to be the only lucid aspect of this dream.
DYLAN: Until lucid reason notes its limits.
DRAKE: Tell me about it. You remind me of Jasmine. She told me that this dream will not make sense. But that I will.
DYLAN: Yup.
DRAKE: So that means: As I was saying. It comes OFF as really self-entitled if you are a guy because some guys just have so MUCH sex it’s like Hey: save some for the rest of us.
DYLAN: Oh yeah.
DRAKE: But then: some guys are total virgins. And somehow it comes off JUST as self-entitled THAT way.
DYLAN: Not for long though.
DRAKE: How come?
DYLAN: [grins slyly.] You remember the friends in low places I was telling you about?
DRAKE: I don’t believe we’ve met.
DYLAN: Regardless. They are going to bust us out of here.
DRAKE: REALLY?
DYLAN: Yeah. The revolution’s coming.
DRAKE: The… Revolution.
[A young blonde woman, voluptuous and short, appears.]
DRAKE: Ariana.
ARIANA: Shh. I’m here to bust you out.

DRAKE: True to fucking form.

DM.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment