Tuesday, August 8, 2017

PHONES:

I was involved in a heist of some sort. A young fellow strongly resembling John Lara had agreed to let me and my associate spend the night at his rather luxurious (for a man of college age) apartment. Somehow in the process we were supposed to disable a set of earphones that he was in the frequent habit of using. As it turned out, the Gemini had a mini-EMP right in his bedroom amidst the other clutter. Whilst he took (what was of course) a very swift shower I crept about the room and tried to use the EMP on the phones, knowing not what effect it would have on them. When John returned he was very paranoid about my bearing. I had known better than to pilfer the earphones, so I'd simply moved them. There was an other pair that my associate had brought. They were in my hand when John returned; I guess that I was trying to test the EMP on them. John demanded to know where his own earphones were; I guess they really were of import to him that our organization could not confer unto us. Such is secrecy. He found his earphones eventually amidst some bundle of clothing. I covered my tracks smoothly, explaining that he needs to get some sleep before his paranoia consumes him, and that he had misplaced them and blamed me wrongly, both of which were signs of creeping neurosis on his part. He calmed down somewhat, pacified by logic even if his sentiments were aroused by offense. He wrote it off apparently as non-deliberate and I resolved myself inwardly towards returning with the intent of switching his earphones out for an identical but dysfunctional pair. I had won his trust.

John represents to me the perpetual adolescent. He is that Gemini South Node that had been a governing force in the lives of my ex and many of her friends and classmates. He is the hippie wannabe that is maladjusted, living in the throne of what others had provided for him, interested only in his Art at most but really with the perpetuation of his own youth. Had John in Actual Life produced as much Art as he was capable of, my respect for him would have ascended. But it was not so; like most hippies he sold out before Nirvana. (the state, not the band, and by state I mean the condition, not the province, and by condition I mean...)

In the dream I was an FBI agent apparently. I guess I have internalized Agent Cooper, the eccentric Capriquarius who is, like his mentor and creator David Lynch, accomplished in the realm of social function but deviant in the expression of his individuality.

It is the latter that endears the Fixed Air Sign to the Mutable Air Sign, and vice versa more importantly. But it is likewise this tendency for the Accomplished Individualist to make Excuses for the naive adolescent wanderer that has lost me my status in the past and left me wandering the High School campus at night, knowing that I had to restore my relationship with my family, but lost as how to.

Since all Geminis sell out sooner or later, my friends who had this South Node all became yuppies before I saw my own hippie dreams come to fruition. But it was I that had caught on to how to infiltrate the System long before they did. I could not help it; I was born to do it. Now I'm infiltrating them. And I won't be surprised, come to think of it, if this time next week I visit (in Dream of course) John again and steal effectively his ear-phones. I don't even need to use the EMP.

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment