Wednesday, May 24, 2017

a Tale of Self-Knowledge:

A Tale of Self-Knowledge:

I have remained blameless throughout my life. My outlook was all ways turned outwards. What desires I had I had acquired via others, by mimicry and imitation. It was born out of a felt longing for inclusion. This longing would never abate, even in times of social prosperity, for there was all ways for me some mountain to climb or some one to help. Inclusion was useless if not all were included. This much was obvious. So were many things. My mind was pure, conscious and unconscious. I had simply to cultivate it and to maintain its sanctity. Then I could proceed to aid my fellow human beings in the mutual enjoyment of each other's passions, the struggle against evil and towards solidarity, and the actualization of our potentialities. There was no room in this mentality for competition or scorn. I never thought that I would find myself involved in either.

I have upheld the fundamental human values. I have led by example. It has been an example that would be of benefit to all were it followed by all, yet I have required none to follow me. I have never made any attempt to control any one. I cannot begin to think of who might accuse me of that. I have only ever expressed freedom, and freedom without an outspoken conscience is incomplete. No one can defy the conscience of an other and claim any right or opinion of one's own. Such people are all ways concerned primarily with control and do not value Others as ends in and of themselves. It is regrettable that I should have to qualify my unconditional love for Others by excluding these people from the human community. Yet they exclude themselves!

I am free. My example is freedom. There can be no freedom without justice. I have set an example of freedom. I have relied upon every one and no one. Every one is a part of me; no one controls me. Every one belongs to me, but no one owns me. This is an example that all can follow. There is fundamentally no distinction between Self and Other.

I have not depended upon any one group. I do not belong to any one group exclusively. If they are hurt by my freedom, their pain is self-inflicted. They cannot govern my behaviour by pretending towards kindness, nor can they reasonably expect me to behave a certain way only because they FEEL expected to TREAT me a certain way. All Superego is superfluous and toxic. It blocks empathy and compassion from reaching consciousness, without which a school cannot swim together and music has no harmony.

Their behaviour is not only controlling but competitive. There is no free market. Any competition is a limitation upon freedom. I do not see victory as victory if it is not deserved, and nor do I tolerate an unjust loss. When one person benefits at the expense of an other, all humanity suffers.

A competitive person sets an example that only he can follow. I set an example that ALL can follow. It is a high road that few choose to. Yet it is more dignified than the irrational prejudices of any one tribe of peers.

I do not depend upon you in any exclusive sense. Yet I value you unlike I value any one else. Since I've not come between you and the people close to you, withhold your judgment upon me for what my other relations are. Their nature neither proves my dependency upon you and nor does it justify your actions as though all of my relationships were similarly plagued. And even were they so, you would be not more justified but less. I will not tolerate abuse, nor will I tolerate it moreso if the others in my life should follow your example.

If you are complacent, you are privileged.
If you are privileged, you have wronged.
If you find fault with me, it says something of yourself.
All life is sacred, so I shall not have mine invalidated. If I had to choose between the invalidation of my life and yours, I would choose yours to be invalid, for I would know which of us has chosen to dishonour life's sanctity.

I know myself. So I will not yield to a false guilt that could produce a deeper shame.

And I am you. You are whom I write for.

So that you can recognize your identity and stand up for the value intrinsic to human life. So that you can love and by loving conquer death.

And only harm to an other can truly arouse me. Self-defense is a waste of energy.

Even now: I am defending you.
If I want a reward it is in its self to be of service to you.
Service is its own reward.
And I will not be ashamed to love.

I am human.

Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment