Monday, May 29, 2017

Recovering from Abuse: DREAM THREE.

DREAM THREE.

The dream dealt with several themes including but not limited to envy, betrayal, and mystery. The visuals were vivid and cinematic but all so lurid and literary. At present I am reminded of two items of media: “Runaway Train” by Soul Asylum and BioShock. The story took the form of a decision-based game. The protagonist was hard to discern at first; just as in the program I have been planning with Anthony I.A.L, the narrative involved several people and the “hero” was only eerily apparent after the conclusion of the First Act.
I was abandoned by my comrades, who departed by railway. We lived underground, in a shelter directly adjacent to a subway station not unlike the B.A.R.T.IA.L. The train was connected to the Transit Network that pervades the other dreamscapes; it is the synchronicity that has all ways taken me from one episode in my Life’s Journey to an other.
I was left behind with one other. This fellow got on the same train, right before it left, yet via the back door rather than the front. All the rest were all ready aboard. I had to chase him, because he had betrayed me. He was supposed to stay behind with me, to protect and shelter me from what was coming, but in his cowardice and treachery he got on board via the BACK DOOR – a criminal move. Even now in writing it this would seem arbitrary; to call the Back Door “forbidden” seems just as silly as to insist that it represents the violation of a Moral Absolute. Yet the Betrayal was not to be trifled with, because my enemies WOULD in fact find me, and they would leave me mangled.
Yet what ever became of the train? It’s possible that it led not to heaven, nor to some other part of Earth, but rather to Hell. So I pity my traitor now, and I am reminded about why I did not board the train when I had the chance. Partly, I was afraid that my fellows would betray me once aboard. Yet I all so was concerned for their safety, though my warnings went unheeded and I resolved myself to their failure of judgment and character.


Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment