Monday, December 2, 2013

The first update in a while: The paycheck.


My mother hassled me today about getting a job. It was quite disconcerting, and I had to exercise patience to detach myself from the bullying. She walked into my room whilst I was practicing keyboard with a copy of one of my old pay checks, asking if it wasn’t good to have money.

 

When I had money, she was living in a paradise. In her mind, as she so often speaks it, my keyboarding was “not a career. Just fiddling.”

 

I just picked it up off the printer downstairs, in my father’s study.

 

I noticed, on the back, a rudimentary sketch of a design for the video game I am making.

 

She must not have noticed. I felt relieved. Something is on my side, even in the guise of what opposes me.

 
Dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment