Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dream Journal Eighty-two.


The  dream from the prior night  was a complex of episodes that were predominantly disturbing and unnerving. The most vivid of the images involved bees. I was confronted with a swarm of bees that were probably from the video ‘Doctor Bees’. I watched them operate in terrifyingly methodical unity.I watched their leaders, who were slightly larger. At one point, I was coated in them.

 
They operated according to a hive-mind. I could feel the tension of their paralyzing conformity  like the terror of schizophrenia in my frontal lobe. I thought of the clicking of cicadas. The claim that such are the sounds of ‘mating’ was the conviction that evoked the horror, even if that formal comparison – between my agony and the chirping of cicadas– may have not crossed my mind until now.            dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment