Friday, December 20, 2013

Dream Journal Sixty-five.


The dream was predominantly set at Palomar College. There wre many appointments to be kept.

The conveyance that took me from the college to my lodging took a Reliably dreary and absurdly solitary route.

What sticks to the memory with fidelity is the closing episode, involving Alexis George.

The prelude to this was a text message that I received upon arrival at, if not in transit to, the apartment wherein I was staying. In fact, it may have been not a text but a missed call. The actual location I had been in may, in fact, have resembled in emotional texture more of a way-station than reliable lodging.

The call came from a phone of whose number the first three digits (after the area code) were  100 or 101. I called back. A young woman, almost like an effeminate man in her speech, answered as though she and I had been acquainted and even–one might day–Known one another for  a  pardonably long time to merit the sense of entitlement.She was, with almost certainty I can say, representative of Kristen Miao, whose periodic signs of sexual interest  I admit shamelessly to be arousing.

The events had such a vividity that they felt as though I weren’t dreaming: The solemnity and the excitement seemed to express a truth and awaken a concern that  transcended the distinction betwixt Dream and Reality. When I got another call within moments of contact with this voice, which may, in fact,  have been merely(but still significantly)a voice recording left on my answering machine, the all felt nothing short of a synchron– icity. It was not as though the synchronicity felt authentic because it so resembled Waking life that it made Waking life appear less significant; a synchronicity in the waking state was not rendered in any way superior  in reality because of the waking state.

The call had come from Alexis.

She invited me to her apartment. I do not recall under what auspices this invitation  was offered, but I gladly and eagerly accepted. I practically fled the dormlike complex wherein I was stationed.

            She drove me along a highway that seemed as though it might have passed for and in fact actually been the road by which,in a prior dream from the previous year, tried to flee Washington, D.C. upon a grim portension of Obama’s impending tyranny.In that instance, police officers or federal officials rendered me escape futile with a grimly silent humour.

This road passed through a landscape almost certainly taken from The expansive fields my family had driven in the midst of during that Actual Re-visit of the East Coast.

Alexis was most like a woman in a Philip K. Dick novel.

            Her home was a modernized Japanese lodging, with bamboo walls filtering the evening light in a hypnotic, almost sickeningly ostentatious amber that did not, however, remder the rooms any less habitable. I met Alexisparents, unsure of what to expect, as though in passing. Thrir stony expressions acknowledged me with Stoic politeness and a stifled nervous sparseness. This characteristic of our meeting, supplemented by the homely resemblance of the nook wherein I met them to that of the Staiger residence, suggests a  thinly veiled homage to meeting the Staiger family in Actuality.

            Alexis impressed upon me that the beds in the next room were welcome for me to lie on. I accepted the offer.

Within moments, her father entered the room; there wasn’t a door, just a white floor continuous between two rooms and a rectangular doorway in the bamboo wall against which the head of the mattress rested.

Alexis may have been absent when her father entered. At any rate, She wasevent-ually absent whilst he was present. Their dog, a large animal like that of Richard,  hopped onto me.

The father maybe assured me, with little affect,that the dog was friendly, if not very friendly.

            The dog was clearly part–wolf.He would have torn my throat out had I not put my right forearm between his crushing jaws. I awoke as he must have been about to bite through it or get off, the latter of which would have been without his own volition.
                                    dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment