Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dream Journal Thirty-nine.


  1. My dream was set again in the Batman Universe, as rendered by Christopher Nolan. I cannot recall whether I was confronting Bane as Batman or Bruce Wayne. I am pretty sure, however, that he did not know that we were one.

Bane was an unstoppable and totally unscrupulous bully, like Boo from Dragonball Z. He had erected a Stadium in the city that almost resembled a waterless moat. In this trench, he would make his victims’deaths torturous and inhumane, using only his raw muscle.

Yet I had felt it my  inextricable duty to challenge him in his own arena, whichat another point in the dream seemed (instead, I think)to be located in the same Stadiumm that, in Nolan’s Actual film,  Bane was about to introduce his Weapon, before a young man on drugs prompted everyone with the exception of me to get up at once, after which several of us, my group in cluded, leftthe theatre.

 

  1. Aside from the mindlessly long thrashing by Bane, it was suggested that I had some clever, hidden plan. The odds seemed stacked against me hopelessly.

 

  1. I took on other roles throughout the dream. At one point, I was Raven from Teen Titans.I recall having to crawl into ahole in the wall not  unlike Jerry’s home in Tom and Jerry. There was an entrance chamber, likean absurdly small entrance hall, and another chamber further in.I never learned whether there was a third chamber for certain, for the dream camera only faced the entrance, situated, with those two chambers in view only.
                 I tried to push through into the second chamber, but my  passage seemed blocked by a cricket not unlike the one I found last night on the new vacuum cleaner in the actual Joann storage closet.This, in Actual Life, I had brought to Jean’s attention, moving her towards the expression of an empathy I did not know she had.
                 The entrance hall, in the meanwhile seemed to have been getting crowded by tiny rats from the outside, innocent in countenance but menacing in actuality.

 

  1. At one point in the dream, perhaps during a lapse in the battle, I found my father and asked him, as I had the prior night in Actual Life, to recall a dream. This time, he recounted one of [a] remarkably, hauntingly ‘ familiar’quality. Unfortunately, however, it evades memory.

 

  1. In the final stages of the dream, again in the Meanwhile of the battle, I took on the role of a woman that seemed exactly to mat ch the description J.K. Rowling hadleant of a ‘ formidable-looking witch wearing a thick, woolen balalclava’.This figure appeared, presumably in passing, in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but I would have had no impression of what a Balaclava might be were it not for my occupation at Joann.
  2. I am even reminiscent now of the night that [I found] Melissa, the young ENFP manager who had confessed by both explicit attestment and implicit action that she had been a bully in high school,sitting on the floor of an aisle with a woolen hat over her head, inviting me jocularly to admit that she was crazy. I [had] accepted the invitation, qualifying that the hat  she was wearing was a Babushka. She had gone on to inform my other co-workers, in that moment,that,’It’s a babushka.Even Dmitry said that I look like a crazy lady.’Among her immediate audience was Valerie, the seasoned ESTJ that was Merissa’s role model and who had broken my im pression of her as a  boring  person when she  mentioned, to Merissa as her intended audience, that she was  ‘not afraid of  death’.
  3. The woman draped the  wool over her fcace.She had some strategy for overcoming Bane.

 
dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment