Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dream Journal Twelve.

I dreamt that I had to go to high school. I was ready to go, for once, but I had to wait for my father to drive me. First, though, he had to drop off my sister. After waiting two hours past the time of the first bell, I became furious. I found him on the computer in the computer room, immersed, and there sat Maria, looking at me with almost innocent mischief. I asked if school had been cancelled. It hadn't. I became more furious, telling him that I had already missed two classes. He replied, with sarcastic detachment, that he had gotten a letter recently and found that I was 'flunking everything, but one subject*', as he went into the garage to start up the car.

[As he pulled out, I had to suppress an irrational worry that Pumpkin could get out of the house.]

As he drove me, I lightened up. My head was cramped in the driver's seat. Surmising that my sister had probably cranked the seat all the way up, I chose to remedy this problem not by finding the knob and lowering the seat, but by opening the window.

As we drove through a desolate suburb akin to Tholen's neighbourhood, I had to keep telling my dad to avoid running over the dogs. We passed maybe at least half a dozen pet dogs, each without their owners, running past us nonchalantly. One I recognise (the 3rd) as the black-and-white husky (?) of the shallow lady that lives up the street.

* Catcher in the Rye.

2.                  Later, I was at Joann’s. The regiter’s had been moved again. They now faced the center of the store, encircling it like a broken square (they were all horizontal and vertical, not diagonal.)

 

Annette, I think, asked if I could take over for her, and she called me ‘David’. I agreed.

 

At one point, we all crowded around an assignment. Drew stood next to me and hinted at how to use it as an opportunity to Lead. We had stacks of thick paper with zippers at their ends, clustered by colour, arranged on a table. We had to put them away in plastic bags,each of us carrying one. We circum navigated the table and did so.

I felt on top of it when a supervisor came by and just a few stacks were revealed to have been left unattended.      dm.A.A.

 

*‘Here comes my replacement’.

‘I’m a good replacement.’

No comments:

Post a Comment