Friday, December 20, 2013

Dream Journal Fifty-six.


Something short of a procession of people and old friends appeared in last night’s dream. Dana Mohammad-Zadeh was the most obvious cameo. She did not appear nearly as amiable as I would have liked. The mood of the dream must have felt how Palomar College would feel, especially in my first year, whenever I would allow its endemic bleakness to obscure novel opportunities in a haze of teenage angst. I can even imagine, now, the poignant,tugging prospect of seeing her, however jaded, at my side at the entrance to the Snack Shack,  yet there is a doubt in my mind, by virtue, surely, of an excessive dependency on conventional memory, as to whether this episode appeared, formally, in the dream or not. Regard-less,the emotion stands.

 
Memories of the dream are vague.I recall, with certainty, that Dylan was there. Jeff Carter was in the dream as well. Parts of it seemed to cast me back to  the freewheeling complications of Childhood with the tender zeal of a young child Running into its Mother’s Arms. I recall, now,the dream wherein I saw Captain LeChuck and wasa prisoner upon  his boat. It may be impossible or impractical to say whether or not the dream last night had me revisit  the same episode.What stands, again incontrovertibly, is the Feeling. There was, likewise, the feeling of making an escape from the Space Station again. The Shopping mall in space Definitely had reappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment