Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dream Journal Seventy-four.


I dreamt that I was at home with my family. The time of day must have been no later than the mid-after noon,yet the gray sky had a quality of dreariness to it that felt almost unending and permanent in its constancy,as though it had the comfort of serving an ashtray. It felt bleak but dynamic in its sterility, forgiving in its very impersonal and objective detachment, yet looming as though behind the black pepper-gray veil of the sky lopomed a whirlpool.

I was in the nook of the kitchen. My family accompanied me, although I only really remember my mother and father.*My sister’s involvement would have been so affected that it was at most insubstantial and,at best, she was absent;therelative vivdness of my parents’ appearances underscored this.

*vividly

A grizzly bear had appeared in our back yard. I saw him from the patio outside the nook. I might revise that statement to say that We saw it. He (I presumethe bear to have been male)did not appear vicious, but he acted with a  primal authority resembling nothing of our civilised manner. He evoked strongly Ali’s  wolf; he was only a menace to  us by virtue of an impersonal natural pattern. Were we bears, we would have probably had no conflict with him.

We rushed to lock all of the doors and windows. He could not reach us once they were all secured, which we accomplished promptly. He had nomalicious intent towards us; in fact, he appeared quite innocent,though his power and  status were of intimidating superiority. He wanderedabout beyond the glass that would look out on the back yard. I glimpsed him from the kitchen.He was mere centimeters from the glass window in the television room. He was aimless , but wild.

An anxiety lingered among us, naturally, in juxtaposition to our sense of assuredness and security.We found Pumpkin to be safe when we had closed the windows, but only after we had done so. He kept barking.

 

The dream sequence repeated after something or another distracted mefor some short time. Maria had with certainty been present in the house,but she may have made no appearance visibly.

When the sequence repeated, we did not get the window-doors closed in time.

A long and elaborate set of transitions took  me to the setting of an independent rock concert. Unless I am mistaken, some peers and I had fled near dusk to a beach. The steep stone wall from Kresten’s recurrent dream stood behind us. The beach was populated by predominantly people ourage but, inclusively, people of practically all ages taking part in a celebration in spite of total anarchy as though in the midst of an unsteady truce with a fascist ic force.

            Prior to this or following it, though probably prior, we were aboard aship that was, in retrospect, probably Kresten’s vessel. It was populated by a crowd,however, that formed a kind of disorganised mo nastic order of punks and other people with the  demeanour of lower-class gruffness. I say ‘monastic’ because of the stringency with which the members of this group,most akin in dynamic and function to the cast and’crew ‘of a theatre, enforce d social expectations amongst their crew which were of almost Kafkaesque ambiguity and absurdity. It washard to tell who was running the event and who was a mere spectator,though the leader was very clearly distinguished. The overall operation must have been to transport this vessel of fugitives.A  concert was going on this entire time. It was a battle of the bands. I had made an effort to assemble a band, taking up the bass guitar.

We pract iced little. I was ultimately left on my own in the crowded cabin venue to play my bass guitar.I tried joining a band on bass.A minor riot from the audience  interrupted, if memory serves, our awkward set.Soon, the cabin was as desolate as the gray walls of its interior.The riot may have  been caused by the arrival of our  captain,the aforementioned feared leader.

The riot was not by any means a revolt against him,but something he had either wittingly or unwittingly prompted.

 

By another bizarre chain of segues, I wound up in Rancho Bernardo. The settings and event might have been a mirror image, in particular least, of my long ponderous walk with Pumpkin. My  at tention envelope d all the seedy, amoral aspects of  the Carl’s Jr.  plaza that  my  waking consciousness like to omit. As though to elucidate the Shadow of my wak ing  mysticism  and  idealism, a treacherously godlike glow overlooked the intersection of what I will call Sivrita and Venusto*like a  mechanical eye glossed over with a film like soap in the midday Sun.

Kyle Mylonakis accompanied me along this path towards a lawn.I maintained a dialogue with himthe  ntire time.

Ultimately, he had me confront a  dog that was entirely white and  had a wolflike snout.He had her on a leash. She tried to attack my

 

*In Actuality, far from Sivrita, I am referring to the intersection that, coming down a slope, one is met with a small but captivating grove of trees reminjiscent of a forest and a small bunch of houses, like the head of a horseshoe crab, enclosing a slope running deeper down into a gated community to one’s left. The The Rancho Bernardo Community Center is to the left and ahead diagonally, its entrance justdown the road one meets.

Crotch.I  had tried, prior to  our arrival at the corner of the  intersection just past the  Community Center, to count the b eats in a melody of my own composition to see if it could accord with one of,I think, Kresten’s . This was a mirror of conscious neurosis – a replica. Upon attack by  the  dog,I admitted to Kyle that I was repressing sexual desire for my mother. He grinned.

Our dialogue continued as a stream of consciousness after I  passed into the waking world, becoming more and more muddled until mymother looking  into  my  bedroom submerged it definitively.

 

                                                dm.A.A.

 
            3:00 am            Oct.31,2013

No comments:

Post a Comment