Thursday, December 26, 2013

Dream Journal Eighty-nine.


The dream that I just emerged from is Too obvious to marginalise.

 

My family was preparing to move out of our old house. Before we left, I was absentmindedly perusing the exterior. I had a flashback of the house as it had been ‘before my father remodeled it.’ The patio wall had actually been flat. The barred window stood halfway down the walkway to the backyard, so that one had to go through the house in order to get to the yard and the other side of the bars.

In Actuality, this house must have, according to memory, had the same architecture throughout the history of my knowledge of it.

Prior to our departure, we all set foot outside, yet not together.

There was a sloping hill that ran down from our house perched at its peak.

There were people at its base doing some kind of ward work. I began to walk out, fell, and rolled down the hill. My family greeted me at the bottom. They had all ready been at the bottom, unless I am mistaken. I don’t think they followed me.

 

The house began to flood. This was unintended. I realized that I had left all of my possessions therein. We all had. I frantically complained. My parents were relatively unphased.

 

The dream changed…

 

There was one week left of school. There were only two days left, I think.

The Monday was reserved for people who had signed up for extra events for their classes. The extra credit from signing up was supposed to help me pass, but I didn’t count on it. I was going for fun.

I had agreed to an Athletic man (who looked like the head of the traditional Mexican dance club at Palomar) that I would make it to the all-day meet by 8:am sharp.

This was a stringent deadline; having volunteered portended bad consequences for the whole team if I refused.

I was also signed up to help the Speech and Debate team all day. I showed up on campus early. The campus looked like the community college downtown.

 

In one classroom, the young, tall Asian boy who was head of the team, resembling Vincent, drew my attention from the front of the room to the bleak whiteboard at the back. It had a very precise timeline for the tournament.

 

I realized that I was double-enrolled. I chose the athletics. I did not tell Vincent.

 
                                    dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment