Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dream Journal Thirty-eight.


  1. Last night’s dream had me waking to find my teeth clenching involuntarily and repeatedly. The setting was this neighbourhood, yet I felt as though I had been cast into a replica of childhood that evoked strongly the mood of Snowy Mountain, one of Maria’s favourite levels in Jakand Daxter.It felt as though I were a young child again, welcome to explore the lawns and porches of my neighbours, yet the invitation seemed almost to be extended, by virtue of my adulthood, to the insides oftheir homes and the subtleties,glorious and haunting, as though made by their vividness, of their private lives.
  2. At one point nearing the climax of the dream, my grandmother from my mother’s side of the family came to visit us.Her name wasalso Maria.

It was understoodthat she would probably die soon.At one point,as [my father,I think, drove us  home,and as ] our car pulledonto the driveway, it became clear that Maria would soon be dead aswell.

 

  1. Emerging onto the lawn in front of the house to our right (facing the houses across the street), I felt as though I could be an adolescent forever.I began  immediately to obsess overwhether or not  I did,in fact, prefer Slumly  to Spike.

 
My sister, accompanied promptly by her bestfriend Nina, disappeared into our house as I stood there, obsessing.                                 dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment